Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Collector Humor

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 234 / Views: 30,815Next Topic
Page: of 16
Learn More...
United States
120727 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
720 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2022  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good one Keith... or is it?

Learn More...
United States
120727 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
9187 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a good one from the Dick Van Dyke show. Season 5 Episode 7...

Rob Petrie inherits an old desk from his recently deceased uncle, and within it a small hoard of coins is found. A numismatist is summoned for a house call and they all look through the coins using the Red Book to try and find a fortune.

8incnRBBcCU

Some real good numismatic jokes, like "these are old coins better call an "oldmismatist" instead of a numismatist.

Abe Lincoln makes an appearance as well.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), Civil War Token Society (CWTS), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member in good standing, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Learn More...
United States
120727 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
703 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2022  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Video unavailable
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated."

Uhoh
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13989 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
624 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2022  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo Boguss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know that you want to...
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
Pillar of the Community
United States
740 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2022  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Check CarrsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CarrsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how can you tell the coin dealer has gone on vacation?

their lawn furniture is on the roof of their house

---

i work as a coin dealer and know 2 other dealers who have the same name. I'm hoping to find a fourth so that we can become the worlds first R-7
I collect low grade large cents. I currently have >230 Sheldon varieties and >235 middle date Newcomb varieties.
Edited by CarrsCoins
12/13/2022 9:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
9187 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2022  12:27 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found another copy of the Dick Van Dyke episode here, sorry can't embed it.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-d...trie-fortune

Great episode worth the watch. The link came from my friend Wayne Homren editor of the E-Sylum where it was also linked so it probably drove a lot of eyeballs there and got flagged for that. This one will probably stay around, at least I hope so.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), Civil War Token Society (CWTS), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member in good standing, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
12/14/2022 12:27 am
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20599 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2022  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not quite sure if this is humor or not,
but
coin collectors are a funny bunch.

We collect little disks of metal with funny bumps on them.
Learn More...
United States
120727 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You know that you want to...
I am sure this is one of the many reasons why I am no longer allowed in churches.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2022  09:13 am  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5846 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2022  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hehe. That's a good one captainrich.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Learn More...
United States
120727 Posts
Page: of 16
Previous TopicReplies: 234 / Views: 30,815Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: