Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,514 / Views: 227,831Next Topic
Page: of 235
Pillar of the Community
United States
1721 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recently obtained this Dutch token celebrating 800 years of City Rights of the town of 's Hertogenbosch. The token features the local allegorical character "Gerritje". The reverse shows the city seal.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/ex...a117297.html

The token is from a series of four (nickel, bronze, silver, gold). I hope to be able to acquire all four of them as I think they are one of the most beautiful local tokens produced in The Netherlands.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
Valued Member
United States
296 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yarm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A trinket picked up during a delightful vacation?

Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1318 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a fun token.

While I am no longer actively adding to my collection, I enjoy seeing what others are finding. Jeff
Coins were meant to be spent.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12062 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2021  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently received number six in the silver Presidential medals series:

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I recently received number six in the silver Presidential medals series:
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5137 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the town of 's Hertogenbosch..... The reverse shows the city seal.

You're probably aware the use of that seal on coins has quite a long history: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces96267.html
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10087 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great additions to the thread.

1962 circa The Seagram Tower Niagara Falls Token
Bought this at the Coin Club auction tonight for $1.50 just so it would sell because I was the auctioneer for the members. I kinda like it.
I have been there to Niagara Falls Canada side in 1986. I don't remember seeing it though. Most focus is on the falls I suppose.
This was probably used as an elevator token to go to the observation area.

Now this is known as The Konica Minolta Tower in Niagara Falls, Canada. It originally opened in 1962, is located in the Fallsview district, and was the first of the modern observation towers built near the brink of the Falls.
The Tower Hotel was originally called the Seagram Tower, named after the House of Seagram business in Montreal.

My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1721 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2021  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Monument Valley token, 2000.
Will fill the empty hole at the end of my National Park Quarters album nicely.

Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
Valued Member
United States
363 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DrDarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a recent acquisition, but had to share the cart wheel effect on this silver dollar size 1960 US Mint medal (aka "original Ike", President of the United States (POTUS) special Government medal(sGm), or Class 2 POTUS sGm).

Designed by Frank Gasparro. US Mint struck these medals for President Eisenhower's use. This medal is DDE-C2-05, in the organized US Mint medal series, as documented in the book, Authoritative Numismatic Reference: Presidential Medal of Appreciation Series 1958 - 1963, by Darryl A. Gomez 2014.

This medal was initially cataloged as B-898, an individual medal in the book Coins, Medals and Token of the Philippines 1728 - 1974, 2nd Edition, page 158, by Aldo P. Asso, 1975. This book provided a physical description and the note, "These medals were presented by Eisenhower during his visit to the Philippines in 1960." The manufacturer, designer, and mintage were not provided, unlike the 2014 book published research findings.

There are 7 other silver dollar size "original Ikes". The dual torch is the obverse and is common on all 8 Class 2 medals. The reverse design changed base on the needs of the President Eisenhower.

An intriguing US Mint medal series whose members are actual "POTUS numismatic artifacts" manufactured by the US Mint.

Edited by DrDarryl
11/28/2021 5:16 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10087 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, wait til jbuck sees that one. Very cool.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steve to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

1830 Miraculous Medal
Sterling Silver
Front and Back

@TNG - I never find stuff like this in my desk drawers! Very interesting and awesome information about it too!
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow, wait til jbuck sees that one. Very cool.

Outstanding example, Dr!
Page: of 235
Previous TopicReplies: 3,514 / Views: 227,831Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.6 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: