Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1984 Lincoln Doubled Die Missing In Mail Recently On Stacksbower

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,129Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would contact Stacks Bowers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed. Start with S & B.

If they do not get back in touch with you, contact eBay/PAYPAL and the post office.
Valued Member
United States
474 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsalsa123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Guys! Will do tomorrow.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48945 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck and keep us informed!
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it will be quite interesting to find out who Stacks was selling this for and the trail backward, just may go to your original buyer....hmmm?
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  06:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would imagine that you are still the legitimate owner of this item since the sale did not go through and you provided a full refund.

I assume that you have also retained the paper trail regarding your sale, the claim and subsequent sale reversal and refund as they may be necessary to assert your ownership.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3733 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  07:59 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man. good luck. Personally I think you have a strong case.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16665 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you file a police report or a report with the post office reporting the theft that included the slab number? The refund from eBay is probably not enough proof. If you don't have reports it's going to be difficult to prove that the coin was stolen and that it still belongs to you.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep us updated!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any response from auction company? Contact USPS yet?
Valued Member
United States
474 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsalsa123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have had contact with Stacks Bower and send them the information to prove ownership and fraud. They are going to get back to me soon. Nothing from USPS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent.

By chance, have they divulged the entity that placed the cent with them for auction?

By chance, they could be the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc owner since the coin was stolen from you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1880 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2018  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve199 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't expect them to divulge the identity of the seller so quickly or easily.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2018  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any update?
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  02:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,129Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05