Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Elongated Coins/Pennies

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 712 / Views: 51,750Next Topic
Page: of 48
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11494 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2022  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin dealer at my LCS gave this to me free when I bought some coins last Saturday. It's my first squashed Kennedy half-dollar!

It was squashed by Dix Noonan Webb, now known as Noonans, the coin auctioneers based in London.

I also have a pre-decimal British penny smashed by DNW. As the penny and half-dollar are roughly the same size, I imagine they were pressed between the same dies...
Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2022  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The coin dealer at my LCS gave this to me free when I bought some coins last Saturday. It's my first squashed Kennedy half-dollar!
Never seen that before. Outstanding!

Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nycstlrr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about a bump on this one.

Pressed at the USAF Museum in Dayton, Ohio. They had 12 different penny designs at the time. Don't know if they have rotated anything out or added. Was last there to see the Memphis Belle, after they redid it.

Rolled on a 44 wheatie.

Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about a bump on this one.
Well done. Nice example!
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nycstlrr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about another one. The one and only Scrooge McDuck. The owner of everyone's first dime.....

Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about another one. The one and only Scrooge McDuck. The owner of everyone's first dime.....
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4705 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The style suggests this is rather an older one. but unfortunately neither side betrays the slightest clue as to what the host coin might've been.

Colligo ergo sum
Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2022  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked these up in an auction last night

Pillar of the Community
United States
4705 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2022  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Do the reverses help to identify the host coins?

Colligo ergo sum
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2022  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse pics don't show much. I'll know more when in hand. The middle one should be an Indian cent and the other two, Lincoln cents.
Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2022  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4705 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2022  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This was sold on ebay earlier in the month. The host coin is an 1885 Morgan.

Colligo ergo sum
Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2022  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This was sold on ebay earlier in the month. The host coin is an 1885 Morgan.
Amazing!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4705 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2022  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A gallery of elongateds from Chicago's 1933-34 World's Fair.

See: http://elongatedcoins.maggienguyen....933_1934.php

Colligo ergo sum
Page: of 48
Previous TopicReplies: 712 / Views: 51,750Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: