Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Holiday Exchange - Secret Santa 2018

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 434 / Views: 31,404Next Topic
Page: of 29
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2019  03:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Webster and Peter - those are some beauties from 1937.
Valued Member
United States
281 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2019  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jimjumper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am certainly posting these scans a bit late but these notes from my Secret Santa have become well travelled. I have displayed these notes and their story at both my local coin club and also at a paper money club that I belong to. They have generated a lot of discussion about the notes and also a discussion that perhaps a club version of a Secret Santa exchange could be set up. Most clubs have a\some type of raffle or attendance prize giveaway and it might be interesting to have exchanges of prizes between clubs. Something to think about... So Thank You! again Secret Santa for the fascinating notes and inspiring your fellow collectors towards something fresh!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10831 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2019  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost there....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
549 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yay! Secret Santa gift arrived today. I have often admired Silver Eagles, but have never owned one until now. It's a beautiful coin. The silver quarter and S cents are nice additions to my recent U.S. coin collecting quests. Thank you!
Learn More...
United States
14201 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The countdown

1 23 19 Forum Time

3 more left to receive are:

commems
Earle42
Giedrius

rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10831 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2019  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have often admired Silver Eagles...It's a beautiful coin.

I concur. I have a problem with owning too many. Or is that really a problem? Nice gift, congrats!

There are some big names in that last group of 3.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5535 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2019  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So we have 3 left any word on what is going on here?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1734 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2019  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the record, @Commems is still out of reach and may be for another several weeks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6964 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing yet. I suspect it was lost in the mail. Rggoodie PM'd me and said it would take time b/c its coming from the other side of the world.

If it would happen to get here - I will post it. I must have been a bad boy this year.

But that's OK - it was great being a part of the CCF exchange anyway. Its always fun trying to figure out what to send and I appreciate the opportunity.

Much Thanks again to rggoodie for hosting it for all of us!
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...it was great being a part of the CCF exchange anyway. Its always fun trying to figure out what to send and I appreciate the opportunity.

Same here. I didn't follow-up on the Secret Santa thread and got coal in my stocking. Guess I really was a bad boy...!!

But I was very happy to read that my gifts were received and appreciated.

Besides, only 10 more months till next Christmas ;)
Valued Member
Lithuania
365 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2019  06:29 am  Show Profile   Check giedrius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add giedrius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Received it today! Warmest greetings and beautiful Knights of the Coin Table 2017 medal! Thank You, dear Santa!
Catalogue of Lithuanian half-groats 1495-1529 http://goccf.com/t/282866
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10831 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! So, only 2 to go?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11363 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  02:03 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice medal! Is that a Carr product?

In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8096 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  04:06 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am back from my travels and am at last able to post the lovely Santa gift I received from Brenpickle! He read my Wants List and selected US coins that I needed for my collection - including some gorgeous cameo proof Kennedy halves, my first proof SBA dollar and lots of ATB Quarters! Thank you to my Santa and CCF!
Valued Member
Lithuania
365 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  09:14 am  Show Profile   Check giedrius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add giedrius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@spruett001.
I think, yes, on Eisenhower dollar.
Catalogue of Lithuanian half-groats 1495-1529 http://goccf.com/t/282866
Page: of 29
Previous TopicReplies: 434 / Views: 31,404Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05