Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Storage For Ike PCGS Slabs (Or PCGS Slabs In General)

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 2,889Next Topic
Page: of 4
Learn More...
United States
87772 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to say, the slabs look more secure that way. The foam made them look a little loose to me.
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice way to make more room in the case. Very ingenious.

Thank You scopru

Quote:
I have to say, the slabs look more secure that way. The foam made them look a little loose to me.

jbuck-the foam inserts were made to accommodate PCGS slabs and other TPG slabs and they were a little loose, the boxes are PCGS boxes..hence the better fit. (I will have to admit that it makes a little more noise now though.)

Pillar of the Community
United States
1751 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The loose-foam thing is the subject of a few negative reviews on Amazon for similar cases. It's probably not a huge deal and one could cut cardboard inserts to keep the slabs in place -- that kinda defeats the purpose but it's still a better presentation than the plastic boxes.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alpha2814-I didn't have a problem with the fit or finish of the original case, I just needed more capacity.
I can live with the plastic boxes.
Learn More...
United States
87772 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
jbuck-the foam inserts were made to accommodate PCGS slabs and other TPG slabs and they were a little loose
Makes sense. The box I use accommodates both PCGS and NGC slabs. The two NGC slabs I have fit really tight, almost too tight. The PCGS slabs have some wiggle, but not too much wiggle because they are tighter on the edge.

Quote:
the boxes are PCGS boxes..hence the better fit. (I will have to admit that it makes a little more noise now though.)
The noise would be more than worth it for the better fit, in my opinion.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10499 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Nickels_rule -- that looks GREAT!

So, when are you going to change your handle to "Ikes_rule"?
Learn More...
United States
87772 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2019  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2019  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10499 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally ordered the Lighthouse mahogany case last night. I guess now I have to really start working on filling it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7728 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been partial to the lighthouse trays for my Type Set.

(not my coins)

Learn More...
United States
87772 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I finally ordered the Lighthouse mahogany case last night.
Excellent!

Quote:
I guess now I have to really start working on filling it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10499 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Lighthouse mahogany case arrived last week and now I'm filling whatever bits of free time I have looking for good deals on ebay. I've hit a bunch of the low-hanging fruit so far...

PCGS PR69DCAM Silver 71, 72, 74, 76T2, 77, 78
PCGS PR69DCAM Clad 73, 76T1, 76T2
PCGS PR69DCAM 90 P Commemorative

Average cost on these 10 slabbed coins is $17.29. Is that reasonable or should I have my head examined?

Lots of holes to fill and trying to determine the best cost per grade on some of the business strikes. Suggestions? I know I'm not going to get 69s for most of the rest of what I'm looking for.
Learn More...
United States
87772 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10499 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since this is the Supplies forum, I'm going to stop posting here since I already decided upon and received my Lighthouse mahogany 50-slab case. I will start up another thread in US Moderns for showing off, er... ahem, displaying my collection and soliciting feedback. Thanks!
Learn More...
United States
87772 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Since this is the Supplies forum, I'm going to stop posting here since I already decided upon and received my Lighthouse mahogany 50-slab case. I will start up another thread in US Moderns for showing off, er... ahem, displaying my collection and soliciting feedback. Thanks!
http://goccf.com/t/354375
Page: of 4
Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 2,889Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05