Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Poll: What US Small Cent Design Is Your Favorite?

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 47 / Views: 3,513Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
1535 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Biedercoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Late vote: The Flyin Eagle's an afterthought and it's not even a real indian, just Liberty with feathers on. Give me an honest Abe any day.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4354 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IHC and Lincoln Cents are tied for me, but I'm going Lincoln cents although it's got no chance of pulling ahead of IHC and Flying Eagle cents. I particularly like the wheat cents because the reverse is neat IMO and has an old timey look to it.....I don't know why. Maybe I'm weird. :p

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rubenbeagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indian cent for sure. Flying eagle second, Lincoln 3rd. As for reverse, IHC, Wheat, shield, flying eagle, and Lincoln memorial solidly last. Not a fan of buildings on coins ....very unimaginative.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
970 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2019  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hate to see Abe getting left in the dust so my vote goes to the Lincoln cent. Specifically the wheat reverse.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hate to see Abe getting left in the dust so my vote goes to the Lincoln cent. Specifically the wheat reverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2489 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having the complete small cents, my favorite is the flying eagle followed by
IHC and a distant 3rd the LWC, LMC and the really bad zincoins In last place especially those with shields!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3768 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shouldn't the 2009 Lincoln cent have it's own category? Four different reverse scenes, not a Memorial cent, nor a shield. No love?
ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
689 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i voted abe.

when I was preschool age (early 70s) Grandma Pink had a small bronze Lincoln bust piggy bank, probably a premium (or similar) from a local bank. kinda heavy for as small as it was. it looked just like the Lincoln profile on the coin, same color, too. she had several old coins in it that she would bring out & show me occasionally.... old wheat cents, Morgan dollars, Peace dollars, Buffalo nickels, an old circulated Franklin half, and an 1857-O Seated Liberty dollar she said she dug up in the garden many years prior.

it's a 'comfort coin'. the old Lincoln wheaties take me back to grandma & her Lincoln piggy bank, my first exposure to old coins.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17429 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  06:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not in the least surprised with the poll results.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19681 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Might be nice if the IHC had the Eagle as a reverse.

Now that would have been a great coin.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
177 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2019  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BobK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've always really liked the Flying Eagle cent, especially in the higher grades. My second choice would be the IHC. As for the Lincolns, I like the shield but wish it wasn't made with such a crappy metallic composition. I suppose the LMC is my least favorite.

I like the all the 2009 reverses but they shouldn't count in a poll because they're a one year only thing. Just my opinion.
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orange26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Lincoln Cent one. I've grew up with them.
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Flying Eagle cent. I am not young, yet all coins in my lifetime have been portraits of one sort or another. The classics are much more beautiful.
Learn More...
Australia
13445 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  02:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since you're letting foreigners vote, I voted Flying Eagle as number 1. Maybe I'm just weird, but for Number 2 I'd put the Lincoln Shield type. I like the Lincoln Shield reverse over the other two older reverses. It's only the modern mass-production methods that let the design down.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's only the modern mass-production methods that let the design down.
I completely agree!
Page: of 4
Previous TopicReplies: 47 / Views: 3,513Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05