Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Collecting Those Innovation Dollars?

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 88 / Views: 5,478Next Topic
Page: of 6
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10913 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking CAPS page, crusherjc!

you could always put an obverse in the last hole... or maybe a colorized/plated version from after-market companies? Or maybe a little blurb about the design.
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1048 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@crusherjc: Where did ya get that display card from?
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi dearborn, I print/cut my own "page cards"
Took a while to figure out all the different layouts. I do them on my pc, then my wife does her magic on her cricut machine and cuts the openings out for me. I tried using the card stock from CAPS, but it has a slight sheen finish in it, and it didnt print out well. I found a color very close to the original that works well. And doing it myself, I can customize any page the way I would like it layed out. I have actually changed it a little since the pic I posted,
Pillar of the Community
United States
1048 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! you might have something there. Have you thought of producing them for others? (at a profit, of course)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinnewcomer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
crusherjc - you presentation board is beautiful and great choice of coins. I am only collecting either a P or D mint from each State.

But your presentation boards looks like it woudl make a very nice side hustle. If you everdecide to sell some on a made to order request, pm me.

BTW You got yourself some nice business strike AI dollars. Do you order rolls or bags?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rEg6Ha7ltDQ

The U.S. mint did make a commercial for the innovation dollar coins.

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. [youtube][/youtube] Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a P & D album: Innovation Dollars 2018 - 2025 P & D Mints Whitman Album #4788 I couldn't find an album that was for business strikes and proofs......at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Hope there will be a book 2 or whatever for the last 7 years.....anyway, it's about time I tried to make some sense of about 4 or 5 quarter albums in various stages of completion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
984 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
crusherjc; I agree with what coinnewcomer1said; would be a nice income maker. You two did a very wonderful job! I (at least) am delighted with the work.
All you need now is to find a few million people who are interested in the AI dollars and you can quit your real job.
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a P & D album: Innovation Dollars 2018 - 2025 P & D Mints Whitman Album #4788...
Good luck and enjoy.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks atticguy, I have thought about it. I had ordered custom pages from CAPS, but did not like how they came out, and the font size was different than what they used if you ordered a complete album. So I decided to see If I could design my own "page insert"
I have done them for the A,T,H size pages and that covers most of my albums. I have done alot this way, as I can make the album up to the way I want to collect that series, and if I want to change anything, I can just print off a new page. I also like adding color to coins descriptions that are "rarer". Below is a ATB Quarter page I added red to the S and W mint state coins. It was a project to get the templates all set up, but I like how it turned out.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The U.S. mint did make a commercial for the innovation dollar coins.
That is the one I mentioned on page 5!
Pillar of the Community
United States
984 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
crusherjc; Your ATB page(s) look great too! It's too bad though that these went from FOUR coins/year to Five (when they added the 'circulated "S" coins'), to now SIX (with the "W" ATB's). It's nice though that you can alter the design yourself when needed.

PS: Sorry for this non-AI Dollar post.
Pillar of the Community
United States
609 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billymac11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Semi-reluctantly picking up the proof sets of them. None from coin rolls or bags and not on the reverse proofs. Too much and too much money for what you get.
71 of 72 in my edition of the Dansco 7070.
Page: of 6
Previous TopicReplies: 88 / Views: 5,478Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05