Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Shows US Those Overgraded Slabs From Major Companies

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 95 / Views: 10,272Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2337 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OMG!!.............

PCGS AU53 1872-H key date Canadian 10 cent.

$900.00 USD !!

Honestly, I'm torn whether I should feel sorry for the buyer of this coin or take the attitude 'it serves him/her right for being so uneducated'.

Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The grading guide on the

https://coinsandcanada.com/

shows much nicer examples for AU50

Pillar of the Community
Canada
747 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2020  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that 1872 is I'm a VF-35, maybe an Ef-40 if you can chalk the weakness up to a weak strike.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
528 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How to waste money and make an F+ an EF - send it to PCGS ! Someone actually paid for their opinion, what a joke !

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1190 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that 44 is looking a little rough XF...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3846 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  01:31 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quote:
.Truth is, and it might seem mean, if you're a seasoned collector your views on grade are just as good as anyone working for a TPG. The only difference being is that you don't get paid for your opinion.

Oh yes we do , those of us who are able to grade to the current standards .
Picking out UNDERGRADES can result in lots of profit !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2337 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another 'wasted' grade......

PCGS 1943 10c XF40 at a super deal of a price for only $40.00 US.

WOW!!

(actual value $2.40 Canadian)

Edited by doubleeagle59
02/10/2021 06:54 am
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  11:52 am  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse is even worse - more pix

Pillar of the Community
Canada
747 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that quarter is a VF-20 on the absolute best, planets aligned, blue moon of days, the dime is a bit better, but I could not see an EF from it either.
Pillar of the Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Colhand1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently sent some Canadian coins into Anacs - why would I do that?
All of the grading companies are churning out coins and have relaxed their grading
This is true of all grading companies both in USA and Canada
So what am I to do? Prices for grading are expensive - if I can expect the same results from PMG (my usual grading company) as I would get from Anacs, I am now sending into Anacs as they are 1/3 the price.

Now I also have some Canadian paper money that I am going to get graded. I will be sending into BCS although I have in the past sent into PMG. Why would I do that? Well BCS is much less expensive and since they are Canadian banknotes and will most likely end up in Canada eventually, Canadian seem to prefer BCS over PMG. But PMG seems to be the leader in grading banknotes. So if it's USA items - I wouldn't be sending them into ICCS, I would be sending them into the USA grading companies.

I sent coins into ICCS back in the mid-80's and had them graded. When I went to shows in the Chicago area and offered them to dealers - they scoffed at ICCS not even knowing who they are and therefore, were less interested since they weren't PCGS. I did have a problem with ICCS, they put their coins sealed in a hard plastic but then placed in a PVC flexible holder. My dollar broke the hard plastic and got PVC damage - that stinks when you have a MS coin where the holder contaminated the coin - I contact ICCS and was promptly ignored, my problem, not theirs. So their holder is a problem that needs to be updated, but I haven't seen this happening.
Learn More...
Canada
9595 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost every Canadian coin I acquire in an ANACS holder, I crack out. Mind you, the majority are errors, and ANACS is not great at grading and attributing Canadian error coins.

As a collector of nickel dollars, I completely agree about ICCS flips are not well designed for larger, heavier coins.

I use NGC for foreign coins and PCGS for higher end Canadian coins. Lower value coins that I intend to sell in a Canadian market, I use ICCS.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2337 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1952 Canada Dollar $ MS66 NGC.....$1200.00 USD.

Oh my!!

Not a chance it even grades an ms65 at ICCS.

It's either an ms63 or at best an ms64.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2337 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and here's another one from the same seller and this one is ten times as worse.

1916 Canada 10c MS65+ NGC .....$895.00 USD

Probably an ICCS non-MS coin, most likely au55-au58, as it's a coin that has zero wear but has been kept rattling around for eternity probably in a bag with another 50 coins in there. Hence, all the chatter marks. How even NGC could see this as Mint State is beyond me.

Edited by doubleeagle59
03/23/2021 5:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
747 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65+?!?! I'd probably go to MS-60 on it because it does appear to be wear free, and has full luster, but ms-65+?!?!
Pillar of the Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Colhand1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those coins definitely have problems, I don't believe I would have sent either to a TPG to get graded.
The King George is has good characteristics but all those bag marks in the field and the rims are awful.
I agree with both of you
Page: of 7
Previous TopicReplies: 95 / Views: 10,272Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05