Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1908 Indian Cent PR66RD Cam

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,900Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14205 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm speechless ! WOW
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ZenFE99 Perfection 2 is the pedigree on the holder representing the person who collected the coin. In most cases you will see the person's real name. This coin is from the 4th top set of an entire IHC proof set collected all-time which has been retired from existence and sold off. Here's the link if you wanted to see them and all the others on the PCGS web site. https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ha...859-1909/140
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
07/30/2019 09:34 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19694 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For sure not a coin you find in change.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
4922 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!
A CAC and an Eagle Eye sticker.
First time I've seen that.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
261 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add beachnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Stunning coin.
Learn More...
United States
91230 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16978 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it showing some Longacre doubling on the reverse lettering?
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
941 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Conder I see that but am not sure. I will have the coin in hand soon. Something seems to be going on when zooming in on the true view but still not sure. Assumed it was just because proofs are stuck a few times.
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Edited by Jon Brand
07/31/2019 02:35 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6867 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely indeed
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That is the best Indian I have ever seen. The toning on the obverse adds a lot!
Pillar of the Community
United States
941 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, I am pretty stoked as it should arrive this Friday (today) or saturday
Pillar of the Community
United States
840 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Sir. What a proof red should look like.
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16978 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I asked because I suspect longacre doubling on the reverse ran through the end of the series. I know I have seen it as late as 1907. If this one does that makes it through 1908 and almost certainly through to the end.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
941 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Conder, I have the coin in hand now. Its not really showing the doubling. I am not an expert on it but I am not seeing it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16978 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, thank you.

So the question still lingers, does Longacre doubling continue through the end of the series or end in 1907?
Gary Schmidt
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,900Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05