Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Been Finding A Bunch Of DDR's!

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 958Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35959 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might be a very minor DDR.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wilsonan2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really? Man I thought I'd actually found some.
How do I tell the difference between a double die, Machine Doubling, and now die chips I guess. Is there a list of known double dies?
And I'm assuming that website I listed is no good?
Thanks for the help though. I'm sure you can tell but I'm pretty new to this
Edited by Wilsonan2
12/06/2019 10:03 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3009 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  10:04 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are definitely DDRs. Very nice finds. Doubleddie.com is trustworthy.

USSID18: You don't have to collect these doubled dies, you don't even have to agree that they are doubled dies, but don't lead new members astray.
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Really? Man I thought I'd actually found some.
How do I tell the difference between a double die, Machine Doubling, and now die chips I guess. Is there a list of know double dies?
And I'm assuming that website I listed is no good?
Thanks for the help though. I'm sure you can tell but I'm pretty new to this

Take the time and search this forum or the internet for your answer, before posting your questions. Do some research, it will help you learn. Guaranteed, your question has been answered here dozens of times already. Remember, Google is your friend.

Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those are definitely DDRs. Very nice finds. Doubleddie.com is trustworthy.

USSID18: You don't have to collect these doubled dies, you don't even have to agree that they are doubled dies, but don't lead new members astray.

I think we do have to agree they are doubled dies.

You're saying these are doubled dies?

I'm saying..

Show me!
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wilsonan2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID18
I did end up searching the forums right after posting that and ended up finding a very good post from a user named "Errers and Varietys's" explaining everything! So I apologize for that!

Tanman2001, thank you! I did some more research on them after reading the replies on here and decided they were worth keeping. Thank you for the clarification I'll definitely continue to use their site as well as yours now!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3009 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  10:55 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you look at doubleddie.com? The reputable site that OP references to?

I don't think the Perry's Victory is WDDR-002, but it could easily be WDDR-004.
The Mount Rushmore isn't a match to WDDR-001 but it is really similar.
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look, it's just my opinion. You show me the OP's coin in a DDR slab and I'll be the first to apologize.
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wilsonan2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tanman2001
I looked more into the Mount Rushmore one. And you were correct, it's missing the die markers for a 001.
It does match the WDDR-010 Stage A though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2070 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds and very nice pictures

Congratulations Wilsonan2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46595 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2013-P 25 OH WDDR-001

Quote:
Description: Doubling shows on the outside of Master Commandant Oliver Hazard Perry's coat hanging to the left of his upper right leg.

http://doubleddie.com/1445861.html
Check out the link. It is there.

2013-P 25 SD WDDR-001

Quote:
Description: Doubling shows on the lower part of Thomas Jefferson's nose.

http://doubleddie.com/1319040.html
Also there.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID18, stop bashing others for collecting minor DDR's. This is getting very old man. You make yourself look bad on here. Just be nice. Again, just because you don't like them doesn't give you a right to be a jerk.

Your first answer was also 100% incorrect as well, very ignorant. They are all DDR's.
Edited by Errers and Varietys
12/06/2019 4:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2013-P Washington is definitely a DDR.

I'd totally put up a brag post about it too. That's a cool one!
Looking to upgrade these dates for my Kennedy Dansco album: http://goccf.com/t/383320
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds by the way Wilsonan2!
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wilsonan2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the help everyone! These forums have helped me a ton and I've learned alot! Especially today!! I really appreciate the feedback and hopefully I can be the one helping others in the future!
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 958Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05