Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Cent Roll Hunting Finds

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 194 / Views: 8,541Next Topic
Page: of 13
Pillar of the Community
United States
1919 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post the errors in the Errors and Varieties section.
Learn More...
United States
102206 Posts
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been saving rolls from the gas station, from each trip, so I will have a good amount to search. I am guessing I have at least $10 in cents, and $4 in nickels so far. My goal is to get to $20 in cents, and $10 in nickels, before I open all of the rolls. I think that it is a good goal.
Learn More...
United States
102206 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My goal is to get to $20 in cents, and $10 in nickels, before I open all of the rolls. I think that it is a good goal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1919 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm looking forward to your finds!
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update on the amount of rolls: I got another $3 in cents from my bank today, that is all they had today. So up to around $13 in cents, and still at $4 for the nickels.
Learn More...
United States
102206 Posts
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also one of the reasons I coin roll hunt is that awesome feeling when I find something amazing, like an IHC for example. That is also why I look for old home sites, rock collecting, etc.
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got $5 in cents from the gas station, and saw a 1949 Wheat cent ender on one of the rolls. I am still saving the rolls for the future (basically whenever I clean my room and make space so I can search the rolls).
Pillar of the Community
United States
1919 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That is also why I look for old home sites, rock collecting, etc.

For looking for home sites I use Caltopo. I am not a advertiser for them but their website you can turn to maps for the 30's, 1915, and for some places the 1880's to 1900. I use it to find metal detecting spots. This is free and Google caltopo and look for the thing with the maps.
Learn More...
United States
102206 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...basically whenever I clean my room and make space so I can search the rolls.
Got to have space to do the work.
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I made my goal, I have exactly $20 in rolled cents, and $8-$10 in rolled nickels. Just have to either clean my room, or search them at the kitchen table (though my coins are so unorganized, I would like to organize the coins before I add more). My mom offered to help me organize my coins, so that is good.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1919 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to seeing your finds!
Learn More...
United States
102206 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

Quote:
My mom offered to help me organize my coins, so that is good.
Never decline help from mom.
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted Today  9H 41M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still have to look through the coins, and I have even more coins to look through now (I got some dimes and nickels from the bank, plus more coins from the gas station, and I now have a full box of cents). I just wanted to post an update, as I have not forgotten, just been busy.
Page: of 13
Previous TopicReplies: 194 / Views: 8,541Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05