Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Here We Go Again. 2020 W Quarters Coming.

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 7,609Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2020  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd want a picture of only the coin and an up close of the damage area.
Just because it comes out of a BU roll doesn't mean it can't be post minting damage. There's transportation in the ballistic bag to the armored carriers, their rolling and packaging, and distribution to the banks and then the banks all handling these before you do. So post minting damage is always a possibility.

That said it could be a strike through but we'd need better pictures and a description of how it feels(indented or raised, rough or smooth, ect.), and how it appears to you to seem like in person.

I'd say modern u.s. errors on this forum would be the best place for this question. But bring your A game pictures if you want people to really take a look at it beyond a guess. Front, back of the coin, just the coin, then a close image of the damage/mark in question.
Pillar of the Community
United States
874 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2020  01:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I go to 3 different banks over time but I don't roll hunt. But I always ask if they have any rolls of new quarters. I never found any 2019 quarters in rolls from any bank in my area. My wife found 2 W quarters at her store over the past couple months, so I have something anyway. Then last weekend I was buying a large gift card at the grocery store so I went to the office. I asked for rolls of new quarters and they actually had about 10 or 20 rolls. I didn't recognize the design on the rolls so I bought 2 rolls. They were both 2020 P Weir Farm rolls. My first 2020 coins of any denomination so far. I haven't even seen a 2020 penny yet. And there was 1 W in each roll of quarters. That made my day! And there is a privy mark on the W quarters but not on the P quarters. It's pretty small so it isn't distracting from the design. Now I know where to go to get the next W design (hopefully).
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2020  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Working on better photos of the American Samoa error? reverse. Definitely not a scratch. It is an indentation maybe as deep into the surface as the actual design is raised. It has a shiny appearance like molten metal or a "proof like" surface. I think I can see design in it, possibly like the bat's wing. I'll try to post better photos as soon as possible.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5281 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went thru a $500 box of "D" mint Weir Farm Loomis quarters this afternoon.

Results we found: 10 - American Samoa "Bat" 2020-W coins.

Not fantastic, but not a washout either!

Pillar of the Community
5120 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Results we found: 10 - American Samoa "Bat" 2020-W coins.

Start a thread, let's see them.
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5281 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
5120 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There you go. Now you're talkin'! !

Pillar of the Community
United States
1623 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found one of the Weir Farm W-Mint quarters in my pocket change. It does have the privy. No pic to post yet.
Pillar of the Community
5120 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No pic to post yet.

Post them when you get them.

Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just found one of the Weir Farm W-Mint quarters in my pocket change.
Amazing!
Valued Member
United States
223 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ugh. Not again. I don't get $10 in change in a year and am not about to pay a premium for these ill-conceived coins. Gimmick.
Pillar of the Community
5120 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ugh. Not again. I don't get $10 in change in a year and am not about to pay a premium for these ill-conceived coins. Gimmick.

I'll go out on a limb here and say you haven't found one.

Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am in the same situation. Cash is the exception for me. My quarter searching days pretty much ended when the car wash started taking bills in the wash bay (as opposed to having to make change first).
Pillar of the Community
United States
1623 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the one found in pocket this week:

Off-topic, but the only other one I've found was this 2019 found in a bank roll last year:

Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is the one found in pocket this week:
Very nice!
Page: of 7
Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 7,609Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05