Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Notgeld Collector Of 46 Years, From Uk.

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 363 / Views: 11,727Next Topic
Page: of 25
Learn More...
United States
88634 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
I don't care if my collection is valued at a thousand dollars or one dollar. I just love the fun of it
Now that is a real collector
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
560 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the front of the green coloured 25pf note from Niederlahnstein, it shows a man on a horse (left) and a hamster on the right. Actually, there is more to see:

On the front of the note it shows a lawmaker holding a quill on a horse that is drinking from a bottle of ink and excreting useless laws..........................and on the right, a giant hamster going to hoard all the money and notes he has collected in a sack. The thorns convey, a sort of danger....... and portray the strangling of Germany by the hoarders and useless law makers.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
560 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse side shows a German soldier off to war and leaving his country in good hands with the industrial workers who are helping in the war efforts. The industrial town or city can be seen in the background.
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDcompy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, about that green note from my thread - Thanks for the confirmation about "20 heller". What do you think the front means when it is saying "This voucher is good for 2500 Re.aus" ?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
560 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@JDcompy - can you put the scan here please - I forgot what it looks like. Sorry for the delay but it has been a bit hectic here as we now have a new family dog!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
560 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have taken a copy of the scan and place it here for reference:

I am awaiting full translation for clarification. I think it mentions that there has been 25000 krone worth of this note, issued (1 krone = 100 heller)
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
560 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just had to look back at the other side of the note. As it is a 20 heller note, (so 5 to make a krone), that would mean a total of 5 x 25000 = 125000 notes issued.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
560 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2020  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For reference, here is the other side of the piece from @JDcompy:

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
560 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2020  07:57 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here goes with the full translation:

'The market town of St. Georgen in the Attergau edits - according to the resolution of June 6th 1920 tokens [credit notes] in the total value of 25.000 Kr. (=Kronen) and is liable for this note to be exchanged into legal tender by the town's bank, until 4 weeks after "call off" [ usually in the local newspaper where the date of expiry was announced]
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
560 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2020  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a lovely comical looking note from the town of Beckum:

It depicts the antics of the daft citizens of the fictitious town of Schilda, whose exploits in foolishness are recounted in numerous folk tales.
Learn More...
United States
88634 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
560 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the 2m note from the same town:

These 2 notes will feature in the new notgeld book I am currently writing!
Learn More...
United States
88634 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is the 2m note from the same town:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
560 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My new book will explain lots of lovely looking notes in more detail, so people can understand what the graphic is portraying. Without that info, these pieces look nice but that is about it. With explanations (like the one I gave for the previous note to the 2m one) the pieces as I say 'come to life!!'
Learn More...
United States
88634 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With explanations (like the one I gave for the previous note to the 2m one) the pieces as I say 'come to life!!'
Page: of 25
Previous TopicReplies: 363 / Views: 11,727Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05