Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A BEP Serial Numbering Mistake: Duplicated Serial Numbers Issued For 2013 New York Star Notes

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 11,947Next Topic
Page: of 4
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
B03487725* does actually match a note on the spreadsheet! Certainly send Karol Winograd (kwinograd@snet.net) an email about it. I (and probably others here) would love if you uploaded a picture of it.
Edited by mcc
03/02/2021 6:26 pm
Learn More...
United States
106618 Posts
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2021  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Maris to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found another 2013 B star bill
B08407773*
he updated list looks like every month
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2021  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
******************Project Update from Karol Winograd- Changing Direction********************************

It's been more than four years since Ed Zegers contacted me suggesting setting up a project to track all the 2013 B* notes and help collectors find a matching serial number notes for this BEP error of double printing. As I was already keeping a list of the ones in mine and my few close collector-friends' collections, it made a lot of sense to combine our efforts. Besides, Ed and I have already collaborated on few different US currency projects prior to that, so it was a very easy YES.

And I believe we accomplished what we set out to do. Since we started this project, there were 10 matching pair, or as Ed likes to call them, Twins, identified and confirmed. Yes, at times it was very challenging, but at the same time it was very gratifying to see all the new collectors joining our hobby.

But, time has come to change the scope of this project. After long deliberations we have come to a difficult decision to scale down the scope of our project. As of April 1 we will only be recording notes from Run-1, Serial Numbers 00000001 thru 00250000.

I know many of you will be very disappointed by this, but this project has been getting out of hands for a long time now. And with the number of notes reported, we want to concentrate on just the rarest group, which are the Run-1 notes.

Going forward I will be recording only Run-1 notes submitted to me. I will add these notes to my current spreadsheet. This way, in my monthly project status updates I will continue sending on the 1st or 2nd day of each month, you will continue seeing there all the Runs 2 and 3 notes recorded prior to April 1. This way you will still be able to check any new notes you come across against our spreadsheet. And if you happen to be fortunate to find a match, you can still contact me to help facilitate contacting the owner of the other note.

Best regards,
Karol

Above email recently went out to all who were currently in the project.

It has been so much fun to be a part of this project, and I will continue to keep everyone updated!! There are a few items being worked on in the background, and when there confirmed, I will post that here too. So while the project has shifted gears a bit, it's still going to be fun and exciting.
Remember, Karol will still be sending out an updated list each month, but only with additions from the first 250K Serial Numbers. You can still look for matches from all the runs, it's just now up to you to keep track of your notes, and if you find a match in your collection, to one on the list, then it's up to you to contact Karol just with that matching notes information, and he will still coordinate putting the two owners in contact with one another. (He will delete/ignore any other emails)
If you were already a part of the project, you will automatically still get the monthly updates in your email. If you weren't, then you can go to https://www.thesilverpicker.com/zwproject anytime for a copy of the latest list.
Take care, and Happy Hunting on this new Supernova Quest!!!
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Backspin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have just received a New York star note B07152425* where can I go to find a match if they are no longer keeping track of the higher #'s?
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Backspin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have New York 2013 B07152425* note if there is a match.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.thesilverpicker.com/zwproject

You can still use the above link to the Zegers/Winograd project thru Silverpickers website, then scroll down the page, and click on latest list.

Then if you do find you have a match to one on the list, you can email Mr. Karol Winograd and he will help you connect to the other owner.

Hope this helps, take care, and Good Luck!
Edited by Snoopydoo
06/07/2021 2:48 pm
Learn More...
United States
106618 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time is getting close!

If your interested and available to watch, it should be exciting!

https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/artic...acks-bowers/

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/l...cated-serial

Live Bidding begins Aug 18, 2021 @ 2:00 PM PDT

Hope everyone is Safe, Healthy, and Happy!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just watched---1 bid ---opening ---sold for 6000$---
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I guessed if it sold, it could go for opening bid, someone got a great deal!

Congratulations to the new owner!!

Canada
28 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PastExpiry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2013B star note database lives on!

I have stepped in to keep updating the Zegers/Winograd database.

The database (spreadsheet) was last updated by Karol Winograd on October 1, 2021,
and I have given it a new home at:
https://project2013b.blogspot.com/

Detailed information can be found in the first post:
https://project2013b.blogspot.com/2...welcome.html

For the past week I have received some invaluable feedback and suggestions
from Mr. Winograd himself. The website is now LIVE.

Submitting the serial numbers of any 2013B star notes that you own can now
be done though an online form at
https://project2013b.blogspot.com/p/submit.html
Learn More...
United States
106618 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have stepped in to keep updating the Zegers/Winograd database.
Canada
28 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2021  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PastExpiry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope that bowing emoji does not go straight to my head!

Please share my link where you can. I heard a story from Mr. Winograd himself that some member of his list either sold or (gulp) spent over 100 of these star notes. Not sure if it was because they figured the list was dead at the time so getting a pair of bills matched would be next to impossible. It took 4 years to get 9 pairs matched WITH a list, so you can imagine how long it would take with no list and no administrator to act as the go-between.

Maximus Decimus Meridius: Hold the 2013B line!

Learn More...
United States
106618 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope that bowing emoji does not go straight to my head!
I am sure it will not.
Page: of 4
Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 11,947Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: