Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's Everyone Doing?

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 64 / Views: 2,960Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
1623 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yep, furnace to air conditioning in 2 days...

You sure you're not in Raleigh, NC? That's us for sure. A couple of days ago, the temperature went from 55 mid-afternoon, 70 at 6 PM to 75 at 9 PM. Now we're waiting on tropical storm Bertha - what a name...

I have an isolated office and I've been to work every day since the pandemonium started. I'm glad to have a reason to be out of the house. But it would be nice to have a couple of days off - I may do that in a few days and deal with the coin pandemic happening in my desk.
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You sure you're not in Raleigh, NC?
Or upstate SC?

Quote:
But it would be nice to have a couple of days off - I may do that in a few days and deal with the coin pandemic happening in my desk.
A good problem to have.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3770 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had my surgery earlier this month. Good to get it done while I had nothing better to do and could concentrate on recovery. Making good progress now and have a follow up appointment next week where I should get some of the equipment I got sent home with post-op removed. Haven't been able to focus on coins much in recent months.
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2020  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cowolter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I work from home, so business as usual. Cleaning Crafting. Digging through my office and garage looking for things I don't need that other people could use and posting them to that Bend Pandemic FB group.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
744 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2020  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been trying to read a lot more, whether on kindle or physical book.
Getting into my music again too, I listen to a lot of radio, and have re-arranged my cd & dvd collections into some kind of order.
&
United States
0 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2020  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dunnrob7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am shopping for 8 more commemoratives to complete my 50 piece set. Mostly seeing what I need on Ebay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1981 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2020  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We usually do 2 trips a year. Mostly a beach vacation like the Carribean or Mexico and usually another longer trip in the summer. With Covid those trips are pretty much canceled. Which really stinks but it does let one do other things. Like we love to cook, this year we decided to do something different, yeast raised donuts.. MMMMMM sooo good.

And YES they were as good as they look

We also have been going to the beach, I know its not the Caribbean, but it has too do.

And since you can't really go to a tropical resort, why not try to bring the resort home.

First off you have your home made fruity drink.

You can also spruce up your deck so you can do outside living.

And while I didn't have space for a pool, a hot tub will have to do. But first you need to make a space for it. It doesn't look like it for that is 1800 lbs of gravel. The ground isn't level.

Best to make a solid level surface for a hot tub, so you spend a few days getting lumber and building a floating deck.

Now I just have to wait for the hot tub to be delivered
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13609 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2020  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice tour , thank you .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
3770 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2020  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Getting called back to work after a 3 month furlough. Now feeling a bit better about the future but still incredibly concerned about rising coronavirus levels in many areas of the country.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17075 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Things have considerably freed up within Australia.

Australia total 103 deaths, mostly returned home elderly travelers from CV hotspots around the World.
Just bought myself a 2004 Mercedes CLK500, with less than 60,000 miles covered.
I have been on a couple of car club runs.

Qantas not flying outside of Australia for perhaps next two years, with very few exceptions. All A380's grounded for next 3 years. Flights inside Australia about 40% of pre COVID-19 frequency.
Australia truly an (isolated) island continent.

Still do lots of numismatic keyboard related time, that hasn't changed.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2521 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eventually things will return to 'normal'. You can't live in a bubble.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3970 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is our normal.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
633 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2020  02:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mtuma3-

got pix of those ASE dansco albums?

hfj, those donuts look yummy

Edited by MrPink2018
06/26/2020 02:49 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3970 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2020  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Retiring in 3 weeks at 58. Good wage but I'm tired of telecom and ITech. I've lost interest. The way I see it, less tech in my life, the better. Nice buyout tho, pension and 401K. Can't believe I did it. Been working for 45 years.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Page: of 5
Previous TopicReplies: 64 / Views: 2,960Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05