Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 657 / Views: 28,713Next Topic
Page: of 44
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3542 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I purchased 2 more slabbed notes, one is going to be used for a contest, so it won't be mine in the future. But you do have today's which is the last issue of Silver Certificates, these along with the United States notes (red seal) were the end of an era, now all we have are Federal Reserve Notes. At one time the US in small series had:
Gold Certificates
National Bank Notes
Federal Reserve Bank Notes
Federal Reserve Notes in amounts up to $10,000
United State Notes
Silver Certificates

Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3542 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Fathers Day everyone!

My wife and kids got me a few notes for Fathers Day. I'll post when I can get pictures.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3542 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like every purchase we need a nice set of stamps, so today's stamped package.

As I didn't know who was on the stamp, I had to google it. Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet was an American educator. Along with Laurent Clerc and Mason Cogswell, he co-founded the first permanent institution for the education of the deaf in North America, and he became its first principal.

The note.

This is FR1255, which has a green back and a printed signature of Colby and Spinner. The 3rd issue 10 cents does not have CENTS on the note. This is the only issue without cents.

While I had one, this was one was a high grade. The 3rd issue:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58404 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are great! Are these the Father's Day gifts?
Edited by Coinfrog
06/21/2021 11:24 am
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3542 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those are great! Are these the Father's Day gifts?

Yep, I got 3 notes, this is number 1 of the gifts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3542 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As CaptainCoffee likes to pick on me as I had no star notes, I did notice that I was missing a green seal earlier date star note. So today's pick up is FR 1962-D* which is a Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Series 1950-A) * note.

Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So today's pick up is FR 1962-D* which is a Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Series 1950-A) * note.
Fantastic!
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice adds. I also have a new addition I will post when I get a chance.
I know you are joking, but to be clear, I suggested you might want 1 (just 1) for completeness sake in your dollar small size type set. Beyond that, it's on you. I don't collect star notes myself because they just don't get me excited. I found one nice common one in circulation once, and that's all I have in my collection. Maybe I'll get a low-end large size star note at some point, just because that star is nice and BIG.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3542 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know you are joking, but to be clear, I suggested you might want 1 (just 1) for completeness sake in your dollar small size type set. Beyond that, it's on you. I

I don't know, somehow I remember you "Bullying" me into getting star notes...

JUST KIDDING

I'm like you in that * notes like "fancy" serial numbers really don't interest me.

But in this case, this was a nice pickup of a series that I really don't have. Will I get the $10 and $20 * notes? I don't know.

But sometimes you find a bargain (tomorrow's note) and you can't say no.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3542 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My last note.

I like to collect by setting a few goals and working to get the coins and notes that meet those goals and while I follow that 95% of the time, I have been known to buy low cost notes that I can see an upside with. So notes that aren't part of my collection, duplicates and even low cost slabbed notes. Today's note was a low cost bargain and while it wasn't one that I was missing it was a Hawaii note and we all love Hawaii notes.

The note:

Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember like 40 years ago when I was a youngster, the first time I saw a Hawaii note, I was like whaaaaaa? Blew my mind for some reason.
Page: of 44
Previous TopicReplies: 657 / Views: 28,713Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05