Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1834 Capped Bust Half Dollar

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 719Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17413 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks sus to me.
Have a look at the edge at 4 o'clock; he rim at that point suggests the remains of a casting sprue.

Does the ping tone sound OK to you?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51199 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you show us the reverse, please.
Australia
11 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add minkersta to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah the ping sound right , but it does not mean nothing
i think your right something isn't right about this coin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2459 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can you show us the reverse, please.

Quote:
i don't have a photo of a reverse

Do people here not read the post?
Australia
11 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add minkersta to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i don't have picture of reverse , as I don't have a
camera right know , but will post it when I can take a pic
of the reverse
Australia
11 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2020  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add minkersta to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is the reverse
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19667 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am no expert on those but sure hope it turns out OK. How much did you pay for that?
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
3806 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 2nd photo looks a lot better. At first glance I'd say authentic. VF grade. Better photos of the obverse of the coin would help us get you a better opinion.
Edited by Joe2007
09/12/2020 2:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3706 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO, this half is genuine. I think the circulation wear on the reverse high points, eagle's wings, suggests same, too.

Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does this type and year have a reeded edge or "Fifty Cents or Half a Dollar"?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
111 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverstash119 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel like the mouth/face looks different than other examples that I see from PCGS. Does the mouth look slightly agape in this photo to anyone else? I see closed mouth in all the examples I see from PCGS, unless it's just how this particular coin was wearing/shadows from the photos... The chin/jawline maybe look more pronounced in this example as well? I'm still trying to get my counterfeit chops, but I'd lean toward it being suspect as well.
Australia
11 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add minkersta to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i payed $96.00
i won it on bidding
Pillar of the Community
United States
1476 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure why people are saying it is suspect. It's definitely an authentic Capped Bust Half, need better pics for overton variety.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3706 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Ploopy, I do. It's a decent type coin that's that's VF-35/30, IMHO. The price seems reasonable, retail-wise.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16976 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Late to the party. Looks real to me
Gary Schmidt
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 719Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05