Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Coin Designed To Be Given, Not Collected

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 109 / Views: 4,179Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2584 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I can't see the ink lasting long on these in circulation.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
92108 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!

Quote:
If this coin is an indication though, it would appear that the ink print isn't up to the standard that we are accustomed to seeing on our $2 coins.
Valued Member
Australia
373 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

If this coin is an indication though, it would appear that the ink print isn't up to the standard that we are accustomed to seeing on our $2 coins.

All of 9 coins I found in the 500 coin bag had the ink chipped to varying degrees. Considering the limited circulation, a tad disappointing.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1624 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  03:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yet to see one myself - not that I've seen much change lately.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
788 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2020  06:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update - I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had any success in finding a Donation Dollar in circulation?

I just calculated that I have noodled 7000 one dollar coins since the release of the Donation Dollar just over two months ago and I still haven't found a one!
Edited by coaster
11/11/2020 06:59 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2584 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2020  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not seen any in the wild here in W.A.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
Australia
373 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2020  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I just calculated that I have noodled 7000 one dollar coins since the release of the Donation Dollar just over two months ago and I still haven't found a one!

Got one just yesterday in a 500 bag noodle. Must admit, bar that one bag awhile ago that had 9, they have been somewhat hard to come by. Considering the amount a change noodled compared to the amount of change going through a non-noodler's hands, not much chance they would find one.
Got a couple of letters I needed plus the Mr Squiggle dollar was a great NCLT find that I don't have.
Oh, and a banged up PNG 10c piece. I mean, really? I paid a dollar for that. It's not even close to the same diameter, weight or colour as a $1 coin so how does that get through the CBA coin counters? I reckon it's like when you buy a bag of spuds or apples, you know there'll be a rotten one hidden in the middle. It's the CBA's way of getting rid of foreign coins.
Also took a leaf out of Coaster's (?) book and got a few pieces that were left in the reject slot of the coin counter. Can't go past a LazerZone token!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
788 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2020  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You've done well David ... six Letters out of $500 worth of noodling is a lot better strike rate then I'm getting at the moment for these particular coins!

Also the two 50th anniversary of decimal currency coins are worthy finds!
Valued Member
Australia
373 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2020  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

You've done well David ... six Letters out of $500 worth of noodling is a lot better strike rate then I'm getting at the moment for these particular coins!

Yes, definitely my highest hit rate to date. Usually 2-3 for every 500 sorted. Will have to do a list of the coins I need. Wonder if we will both end up seeking an A. People have been killed over less...

Quote:

Also the two 50th anniversary of decimal currency coins are worthy finds!

Getting a few lately which is a change from the past.
Edited by David Graham
11/11/2020 8:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1624 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still nothing, though as I think about it, I think only ever found one of the 2013 Coronation $2 coins in change - not a great strike-rate for the first circulating coloured $2 coin.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
788 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2020  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... just over two months ago and I still haven't found a one!

Well it seems that I spoke to early ... three days on and I finally noodled one!

Valued Member
Australia
373 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good things come to those who wait!
Learn More...
United States
92108 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well it seems that I spoke to early ... three days on and I finally noodled one!
Excellent!
Valued Member
Australia
321 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  02:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saw my first one in the tips bowl at a cafe in Margaret River yesterday. The waitress could see I was so excited she told me to take it. Obviously in the spirit of it being a donation dollar!!
Learn More...
United States
92108 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Saw my first one in the tips bowl at a cafe in Margaret River yesterday. The waitress could see I was so excited she told me to take it. Obviously in the spirit of it being a donation dollar!!
Fantastic!
Page: of 8
Previous TopicReplies: 109 / Views: 4,179Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.13 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05