Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any One Who Is Selling On Ebay Please Take Note Of This Buyer.. Mgreen3481

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 148 / Views: 12,685Next Topic
Page: of 10
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey 1858myfav, thanks for the update on the mgreen3481 fraudster.
For any seller reading this, after you've blocked mgreen3481 please also block buyer canadian-bullion. I described him in an earlier note as having "private" feedback so you can't read anything about him.
He has just sent me a threatening note & I replied by advising him to open an ebay case against me. At least there can be some paper trail of this scammer for future victim sellers.
The m.o. is simple.....
1) "private" feedback so no visibility
2) Won't open an ebay case but threatens to leave nasty feedback if you don't refund him
Thanks to all for continuing to fight the good fight!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9513 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2) Won't open an ebay case but threatens to leave nasty feedback if you don't refund him

That comes under feedback extortion rules I think and ebay is pretty strict on that one. Pick up the phone and have eBay read your messages on their end.
Feedback extortion policy
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/...licy?id=4230
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you TNG for that info. I will follow-up. I did dialogue with ebay earlier but did not mention their extortion rules. Didn't know about them nor did they mention it when I advised that I had been threatened by the buyer to provide a refund without a case being opened.
Best they offered was to "open a file" on the buyer. Perhaps that's the max extent of things anyways.
I will follow-up & thanks again.
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just finished with ebay, they'll be doing a "direct escalation" with the buyer (canadian-bullion) due to his comments made to me. I won't be advised of what actions they'll take but if I get negative feedback they'll remove it.
Thanks again TNG!
Valued Member
Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a question ....If you get a Canada Post "solutions for small business account" you get tracking included in the parcel post rate (free) ......just gives you basic tracking but would that help ?
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cdngmt....that does help but parcel rates are still well over $10 dollars. Hard to justify that expense when shp'g under $50 dollar items.
I use Chit Chat's for anything over about $40 dollars going to the USA. They provide tracking for about $5-6 dollars. If Canada Post had that type of rate for domestic tracking then it would sure simplify things.
Valued Member
Lithuania
53 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ezhik_Lt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dear all, thanks for the topic and all of the efforts to restore the justice.
Today while trying to update my blocked bidders list with extremely annoying guy who keeps bombing me with ridiculous
offers I got an error message "The following user(s) were not valid and therefore were not added to your list. See all" and Mgreen3481
was removed from my list cause "Mgreen3481: Invalid User or User not found".
Does that mean that eBay has blocked or removed the user? It also may be caused by Mgreen3481 himself.
Anyway looks like blocking that exact user name doesn't work any more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2211 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does that mean that eBay has blocked or removed the user?

He'll be back shortly as Mgreen3482 with a new credit card number and a fresh start at ripping people off.
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try using lower case m....mgreen3481 rather than Mgreen3481.
I already had him blocked but when I re-blocked him just now it didn't say that he was invalid.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9513 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same thing happened to me then used lower case.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
Lithuania
53 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ezhik_Lt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, lower case letters worked for me.
Canada
6 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add igiveup to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Think ebay finally booted him!
says no longer a registered user.
keep his address on file in case he just changed his user name.
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally!!
His address was 14 Vaughan Rd., Toronto Ontario, M6G2N1
Hope he never shows up again.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1858myfav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DELIGHTED to be sharing this image with everyone ... it's been a long haul, with many hours expended, however it appears to have been worthwhile! The below image suggests eBay has finally taken action!

https://www.ebay.com/usr/mgreen3481

Canada
12 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grampscoins1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Job well done Richard, (1858myfav)(sonip) and all of the others who got the police involved.
MGreen3481 is GONE, and ebay hopefully got a little slap on the wrist.

My dealings with MGreen:
In early September MGreen got 2 refunds from me which ebay made me pay - AFTER he told me that he was satisfied with the coins, AND after ebay ASSURED me that there would be no way he could get the refunds, after they were notified of emails MGreen and I had sent back and forth.
THIS WHOLE MESS COULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED AT THAT TIME BY ebay BEFORE 50 MORE SELLERS GOT SCAMMED!
MGreen was awarded the refunds. I got the negatives removed.
At that time I traded some nasty emails with MGreen that made him mad enough to attempt a second refund for one of the coins! HE WAS SUCCESSFULL, because he reported to ebay that 'he had purchased a lot of coins and had gotten mixed up, and was talking about another seller's coin (in the emails), by mistake!'
Meanwhile I was reporting him to ebay almost daily.
Then FINALLY (mid October) ebay told me that they had convinced MGreen to remburse me, and please send him a new invoice.
MGreen got upset, and told me that he was going to get 2 more refunds from me, he also mentioned that I was worrying about this too much, AND HE WAS AFRAID FOR MY HEALTH!
Ebay did NOT submit those refunds to me.
With Richard's advice and ebay's utter delinquency, I also reported it to the police, but I was assured that it was already being dealt with.

I know many of you agree with ebay that nothing should be shipped without tracking, but a VERY LARGE PERCENTAGE of products listed on ebay are of low value, and it they would not sell with a $14.00 tracking charge added in. I guess we have to gamble and decide at what value of merchandise to use tracking.

It is VERY OBVIOUS that ebay will throw the sellers under-the-bus if another thief comes along.

I know that ebay has driven many sellers away with their stupidity,
and I am slowly setting up my own web-site, but meanwhile will use my ebay for sales, with a letter included, - directing clients to it.

I believe that there were probably over 50 sellers involved, and on average we probably lost approximately $100.00 each, but ebay WILL be the biggest loser, with this fiasco.

This is the second email that I sent to ebay: Sept 6th

Ebay has developed an efficient conduit for thieves.
With ebay's help, defenseless sellers are giving their products away, to any buyers who will pretend that their products were not received or were simply late.
Obviously, Ebay isn't aware of covid19.
Even when a multitude of sellers report a buyer for theft, - ebay will take NO ACTION against an unscrupulous buyer, who fibs.
Sellers have to protect their ratings and this buyer is extorting us, to get a refund, for products that he pretends that he didn't receive.

I have phoned many of the other sellers that Mgreen 3481 has dealt with and there are MANY dealers involved. These dealers are all running with excellent records and we feel ebay should provide some protection, from a thief.

I believe:
1/ that you should assure us, that ebay is a safe way to sell our products,

2/ this situation WILL become worse

3/ 15 dealers are more important that an unscrupulous buyer

4/ it's time to show some teeth, before more buyers learn that Mgreen has a good system
Surely ebay knows that allowing these practices, could become detrimental
to their business, and quite embarrassing if these matters are dealt with individually.

Roy

Page: of 10
Previous TopicReplies: 148 / Views: 12,685Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05