Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any One Who Is Selling On Ebay Please Take Note Of This Buyer.. Mgreen3481

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 143 / Views: 8,733Next Topic
Page: of 10
Canada
16 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2020  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silverwolf.....yes his negative comment feedbacks are getting buried as the crook is on a buying binge. I did just post a "Scammer alert" feedback today so it's back in view. I also have a second coin that he nailed me on but I have another week before my month is up. Rest assured that there'll be another "Scammer Alert" feedback for it as well so it should be in plain view for a little while. Hopefully this crook gets booted off ebay by then so let's all keep the pressure on!
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2020  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add igiveup to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sellers have been complaining to ebay for more than 3 months that I know of of this fraudster,,, and they do nothing to him.
Its a shame!!
Canada
16 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2020  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey all, as we deal with mgreen3481, I just wanted to share details of another potential scam happening to me now. Ebayer canadian-bullion just claimed he hasn't received an item shipped on Oct. 26th, a $47.50 coin sent without tracking. I went to check his feedback but couldn't as he had chosen to keep it "private". Only buyers can designate as such & I didn't even know you could do that at all. It means you can't view any of that buyer's past feedbacks!! Going forward as I check feedbacks for all new buyers/bidders, I won't be shipping to folks who's feedbacks are designated "private".
Incidentally, this fellow didn't open a case but contacted me directly. That's appreciated in most circumstances but just adds to the doubt in this one. Ebay would have no clue how many "lost in mail" cases he actually has. His tracks are covered.
Last, not saying this buyer is dishonest. I'm only pointing out a possible scam & a methodology that a seller may not consider.
I've blocked him as canadian-bullion but his user i.d. when bidding comes up as 6476048cc & it can't be blocked for some reason. Not sure why ebay gives a double identity to anyone. Maybe because of private feedback but yet another reason why in future I won't be selling to folks with private feedback designations.
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1858myfav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a brief update for y'all ... The fraudster is still at it, although many of his recent victims are being notified before they ship, cancelling transactions and blocking him. Many defrauded sellers have stepped and supplied D/C Kwok with useful evidence and the D/C has gathered good data from eBay whose policy is to cooperate freely with law enforcement. Apparently, the folks at the men's shelter have also been helpful, so mgreen3481's days are numbered. Keep your "cards and letters' going to D/C Kwok ... 'tis the season for sharing after all! Be safe everyone.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9129 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ask mods to change title to "arrested" or something different if and when this scum gets what he deserves.
There is no shortage of amazing lowlife in this world anymore.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Canada
16 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey 1858myfav, thanks for the update on the mgreen3481 fraudster.
For any seller reading this, after you've blocked mgreen3481 please also block buyer canadian-bullion. I described him in an earlier note as having "private" feedback so you can't read anything about him.
He has just sent me a threatening note & I replied by advising him to open an ebay case against me. At least there can be some paper trail of this scammer for future victim sellers.
The m.o. is simple.....
1) "private" feedback so no visibility
2) Won't open an ebay case but threatens to leave nasty feedback if you don't refund him
Thanks to all for continuing to fight the good fight!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9129 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2) Won't open an ebay case but threatens to leave nasty feedback if you don't refund him

That comes under feedback extortion rules I think and ebay is pretty strict on that one. Pick up the phone and have eBay read your messages on their end.
Feedback extortion policy
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/...licy?id=4230
My favorite album!
Canada
16 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you TNG for that info. I will follow-up. I did dialogue with ebay earlier but did not mention their extortion rules. Didn't know about them nor did they mention it when I advised that I had been threatened by the buyer to provide a refund without a case being opened.
Best they offered was to "open a file" on the buyer. Perhaps that's the max extent of things anyways.
I will follow-up & thanks again.
Canada
16 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just finished with ebay, they'll be doing a "direct escalation" with the buyer (canadian-bullion) due to his comments made to me. I won't be advised of what actions they'll take but if I get negative feedback they'll remove it.
Thanks again TNG!
Valued Member
Canada
196 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a question ....If you get a Canada Post "solutions for small business account" you get tracking included in the parcel post rate (free) ......just gives you basic tracking but would that help ?
Canada
16 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cdngmt....that does help but parcel rates are still well over $10 dollars. Hard to justify that expense when shp'g under $50 dollar items.
I use Chit Chat's for anything over about $40 dollars going to the USA. They provide tracking for about $5-6 dollars. If Canada Post had that type of rate for domestic tracking then it would sure simplify things.
Lithuania
15 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ezhik_Lt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dear all, thanks for the topic and all of the efforts to restore the justice.
Today while trying to update my blocked bidders list with extremely annoying guy who keeps bombing me with ridiculous
offers I got an error message "The following user(s) were not valid and therefore were not added to your list. See all" and Mgreen3481
was removed from my list cause "Mgreen3481: Invalid User or User not found".
Does that mean that eBay has blocked or removed the user? It also may be caused by Mgreen3481 himself.
Anyway looks like blocking that exact user name doesn't work any more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2054 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does that mean that eBay has blocked or removed the user?

He'll be back shortly as Mgreen3482 with a new credit card number and a fresh start at ripping people off.
Canada
16 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try using lower case m....mgreen3481 rather than Mgreen3481.
I already had him blocked but when I re-blocked him just now it didn't say that he was invalid.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9129 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same thing happened to me then used lower case.
My favorite album!
Page: of 10
Replies: 143 / Views: 8,733Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05