Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seeking Grade On This 1932 Half Dollar

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,243Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5454 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF25
Pillar of the Community
Canada
979 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-30; could make EF-40
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3544 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  10:21 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF details reverse cleaned issues around the 50.
Would not straight grade in MO.
BTW .....no such thing as a Half Dollar in Canada.
They are officially fifty cents .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
am curious:
what is the weight of the coin?
and, can you please post a sharper image of the rev side?
thanks
Valued Member
Canada
196 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1) here are some attempts at a better obverse
2) weight seems either 12.7 or 12.8 g (2 tries)

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3180 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
personally, I am not comfortable with the looks of the date,, do you have the coin in hand, and where did you buy it from.. I have some concerns..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
724 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-30 details, but I'm really not confident it's genuine or not.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silverwolf
I think I do agree with you for the same reason.
Valued Member
Canada
196 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reply to Silverwolf
Coin came out of the UK ....private seller.
Could you elaborate your concerns and/or advise what you think I should be looking at ?

Thanks
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm no expert. Far from it. In a quick comparison with an image from coinsandcanada the date appears to be left of centre from where it should be.
Valued Member
Canada
382 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Talonbat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This looks 100% fake to me.
Valued Member
Canada
196 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good eye Silverwolf....took it to the lcs copper ,zinc etc....i.e. COUNTERFEIT

Thanks for spotting
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3180 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are very welcome, did you buy it through ebay or another channel?
Valued Member
Canada
196 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  12:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Through Ebay tseems to have "disappeared" from Ebay links and I can't find the transaction through tracking my Paypal account so I suspect between the purchase Oct 01 and when I received the coin he was shut down....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suggest you contact
nickelsguy
here on the forum and ask mike (MM) for an opinion.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,243Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05