Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Classic Chinese Zodiac Series, 2010-2021 -- Complete!

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,212Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6670 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations for completion!

The series looks amazing, all together in the RCM box.

I did collect Scalloped series - found they design very unusual, de-centralized, but gave up in the on half way (still keep the Dragon after selling everything else and the box).

Guys, share the pictures of complete Scalloped series as well.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11483 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  03:02 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! They look nice.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Valued Member
Canada
451 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@canadian_coins... Congratulations on completing the marathon. It is a good looking set and one of the best packaging/presentation methods the RCM has used.

Quote:
I'm waiting for the Lotus scalloped coin to complete the other 12-coin series (Lotus).

I only subscribed to the scalloped series and am still waiting... I was hopeful 2 weeks ago as the RCM placed a hold on the credit card for the amount but it expired without the charge completing... Maybe it will show up before Christmas but given the performance this year, I am not hopeful.

Quote:
Gosh, 12 years already!
Can't agree more !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5566 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on completing the set! I agree that it is definitely a great set in a terrific case.

I remember considering a subscription myself at the time, but decided against it and to stick with commemorative coins vs. branching off into topicals. Of course, a few years later, I broke my "rule" and began collecting the RCM's Bald Eagle coins!

PS It was nice to see a post from you - hopefully, there will be one more when your final lotus coin is delivered!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silveroid said:

Quote:
The series looks amazing, all together in the RCM box.
I did collect Scalloped series - found they design very unusual, de-centralized, but gave up in the on half way (still keep the Dragon after selling everything else and the box).
Guys, share the pictures of complete Scalloped series as well.

I finally got my Scalloped Ox in to complete both sets.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5566 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mikem: Great looking sets! Thanks for posting!

@canadian_coins: Did your scalloped Ox coin ever arrive?

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
623 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great job and I agree with the above posters that the packaging is very well done.

If RCM wants to charge such high premiums for their PM products then including this type of case or presentation package is the way to go. People like to display their coins. Just my Two Cents worth...

Happy new year and here's to great collecting in 2021!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2355 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2021  02:07 am  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

@canadian_coins: Did your scalloped Ox coin ever arrive?

Yes, however the envelop was empty - no coin inside. The cheap paper bubble wrap envelop was compromised at the top and the coin "escaped" during transport.

I called the Canadian Post and I reported the issue to the RCM. The Canadian Post takes no responsibility. Crazy isn't it? A company paid to take a package from point A to point B isn't liable when it fails to do so?

CP rep: "Oh no, we just ah, try to deliver, you know, the package and well hopefully it gets there. You know. In your case you need to call the vendor" (I'm paraphrasing my conversation).

Anyway, the RCM opened an investigation.

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1258 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a $2000 Haida coin go missing when I shipped it back to the mint. I did have the correct amount of insurance paid - at the post office, and received a cheque for that amount about a month later. What astounded me was there was NO investigation what so ever. Just paperwork to them.

I don't know if you're coin was shipped with insurance as the value is near or below their 'signature required' threshold amount of $100, but I think upon receipt of the package I would not have opened it, but brought it directly back to the post office and started a case.
Edited by Dcadon
01/05/2021 9:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2355 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dcadon

After a quick call with the RCM customer service they shipped a replacement coin at no extra charge. I'm a long time customer and this never happened so maybe that helped my case. I did request that they use poly instead of paper bubble mailer though.

On a side note, only recently did the RCM switched from Fedex to USPS and use bubble mailer for single coins instead of small cardboard boxes. Also, now we have the coin's purchase price (declared customs value) on the envelop itself.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2355 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally got the last coin to complete my 12-year collection!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5566 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! Very nice looking coin and set! It must feel good to know both sets are now complete!

A long journey but a happy ending!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2355 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The question now is which design I like the most. I can't make up my mind. My wife prefers the dragon.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5566 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The question now is which design I like the most. I can't make up my mind. My wife prefers the dragon.

How can you not go with a mythical, fire-breathing, flying beast?!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2355 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you are right commems. All considered, Dragon is the best.

I'm still shaken by the fact that those 12 years went by so quickly. I was in my 40s when I placed my order and now, well (cough), I'm months away from retirement.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,212Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05