Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Heard What The US Mint Has Planned For 2021 Commemoratives?

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,197Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4192 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks commems. I thought I had thoroughly gone over the U.S. Mint's website looking for 2021 info. I must have missed it. Thanks again.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a relative that is a LEO so the silver proof would be nice as a gift next year. Otherwise, waiting on the eagles and hoping the peace/morgan gets made.

Watch, they make 1921 of the Peace dollars for the first year made. ;)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10766 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have officially completed the half dollar set and unofficially completed the silver dollar set.

Whoa. PICS! Please!
Valued Member
299 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes. Another banner year for the bloated commemorative program.
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yikes. Another banner year for the bloated commemorative program.

Nothing the Mint can do about about commemoratives for the most part since Congress is telling them to make them, but I wish they would provide more input (assuming congress would listen) in terms of what will sell and what won't. I could see getting some sales for the LEO coin if you market it to the right crowd (take out a full page ad in the police magazines/NRA magazine and you'll get some sales).

The Christa McAuliffe one aside from the space enthusiasts, I can't see there being a large market for these.

Personally, the LEO coin will be a gift purchase for a relative, but unless they pass the Morgan/Peace dollar one, I'm limited to just the silver eagles next year unless something comes out of left field.
Learn More...
United States
94180 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you do not like them, you do not have to buy them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3485 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still think there are slim chances for the 2021 Morgan/Peace dollars.

The bill passed the house, reached the senate late in September and was refereed to the committee on BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS. The only thing on their calendar is The Quarterly CARES Act Report to Congress on December 1st. https://www.banking.senate.gov/

-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4192 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree there Jbuck. I got interested in the sets because I had 5 or 6 Prestige sets that I had broken up. Had those handful of dollar coins and decided to go for the set. I'll admit that the years they had more than three per year were not the funnest to purchase but I enjoyed putting the set together overall.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I still think there are slim chances for the 2021 Morgan/Peace dollars.

The bill passed the house, reached the senate late in September and was refereed to the committee on BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS. The only thing on their calendar is The Quarterly CARES Act Report to Congress on December 1st. https://www.banking.senate.gov/

I have a feeling that you're right on this one. Though I'd certainly like to see this happen, I will definitely admit that it's not exactly the most pressing issue going on in the country right now...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5022 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Senate will be in session from Nov. 30 through Dec. 18. This final session of the current Congress will be the last time the current bill can be considered/passed by the full Senate - bills typically only get listed on the "upcoming calendar" a few days ahead of a vote, so there still is time.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
94180 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It will be interesting to see if this gets any consideration given everything else that needs attention right now.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4192 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  10:24 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if this gets any consideration given everything else that needs attention right now.

Yeah. Seems like it would be a done deal if it weren't for everything else on their docket.

I have what might be a silly question .

If they start minting the Morgan silver dollars does that mean they would discontinue the Commemorative silver dollar program?
Learn More...
United States
94180 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If they start minting the Morgan silver dollars does that mean they would discontinue the Commemorative silver dollar program?
The 2021 commemorative issues have already been legislated. I would be shocked if they did not continue in 2022.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1202 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On the US Mint's web site - it has quite a bit about US commemorative coins. (www.usmint.gov NOT the shopping catalog site.)

Looks like the Mint also made a BIG improvement in how they're reporting the sales/mintages of the commemorative coins. This is more like the way they used to report the sales/mintages (2013 and earlier if I recall correctly). Not sure when the Mint made the change, it could have been awhile and I just missed it, but HURRAY -- no more hunting through the weekly sales reports to find the last reported mintage and then adding up the different product types.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1304 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like the Mint also made a BIG improvement in how they're reporting the sales/mintages of the commemorative coins.

This is great news, and a long time coming! It looks like they updated those pages in May.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,197Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05