Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ty2020b Buffalo Nickel AU / MS Set....in Progress W/Updates

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 128 / Views: 6,018Next Topic
Page: of 9
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Almost time to expand this set with high-quality proof Buffs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2910 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Almost time to expand this set with high-quality proof Buffs

Still going to be awhile for that! A good chunk of the remaining are going to be tough. But yes, then on to the proofs!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1925 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have a good eye for the Buffs! I just went through the entire thread again and enjoyed the journey with you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Still going to be awhile for that! A good chunk of the remaining are going to be tough. But yes, then on to the proofs!!

This is going to be good...

You know, when you see one of these Buffs/Bison up close, it also gives you a different perspective on the Buff nickels. You kinda understand why this animal was chosen to be on the reverse.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2910 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Adding just a couple that I've picked up over the last month or so. Down to 11.

First up, a PCGS AU58 that @Grapecollects found for me. May end up upgrading this one down the road. Strike is average for this year, definitely some weakness there, more-so on the reverse.

Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Adding just a couple that I've picked up over the last month or so. Down to 11.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a pretty nice Bison and Native American coin!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2910 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next one on the list is the 1928-S NGC MS63. Even though the 28-S is typically better struck than most, if not all 20's San Fran's, I'd put this one above average. Happy to add it to the set.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2910 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have already posted this one, but took some updated pics. Not a big rainbow toned fan, but this is one of my favs. Stunning strike. This one also recently CAC'd. Its now NGC MS65 w/CAC

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
297 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set you've assembled, and that toning on the '14-D is beautiful! I'm a type collector, but also like to get examples from each mint and major varities, so for my Buffalo nickels I so far have 8 - T1 PDS, T2 PDS, '37-D 3-legs, and '18/7-D. Maybe one of these years I'll manage to get the '16 DDO, but I'm not sure if I want to spend that kind of money on a variety .
Edited by hokiefan_82
08/27/2021 4:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7335 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoy getting an email notice you have posted another buffalo/Indian! I could never follow in your footsteps to put together such a nice set so your doing it is fun to follow!

Maybe I need to download all the pics, print them up, and pretend LOL!

Congrats on another one

The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The hits keep coming!

Quote:
Not a big rainbow toned fan, but this is one of my favs.
That one will make you a believer, for sure.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2262 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Ty2020b, You are assembling a truly fantastic Buff set. You know my passion for this coin. I've been at this for decades, and your set is eye-to-eye with the top collections I have seen.

A fully struck VEDS/EDS 1924-D is elusive. IMHO, it's harder to find than a comparable 1926-S. I spent nearly 30 years hunting before I found one in St. Louis that ticked all the boxes (VEDS, hammer strike, no die polishing or clashing, mid-UNC). One of my clients has it as the centerpiece of his collection. I get visitation rights every time in in the area. I'll say, though, that it didn't come cheap. The selling dealer and I both knew what he had and what it was worth. Even back in the day, that coin went almost $2,000 over wholesale. I've never seen another like it, but there has to be another one out there, somewhere. Be patient, keep looking, but don't snooze when you find one.
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic set of Buffalo nickels. Good luck on your quest to upgrade.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2910 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for all the kind remarks! It's been quite the journey and still a long ways to go on the remaining tough dates and upgrades
Page: of 9
Previous TopicReplies: 128 / Views: 6,018Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05