Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1802 Draped Bust Dime Fresh Out Of The Dirt

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 64 / Views: 2,883Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
9935 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i dont agree with the grade but i'll keep my word

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2182 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. If you walk out in public like that nowadays no one would think any different!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1645 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i dont agree with the grade but i'll keep my word

Hilarious!! Unlike the coin - I bet them "whities" had the dirt cleaned off of them!!!
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1809 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  02:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A man of his word!
Pillar of the Community
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Cross that coin over at PCGS or keep it raw if it's going to be kept by you. Amazing find!!
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Angrymanatee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for your input, I truly, truly appreciate it. I really think it's at least Fine at minimum myself, but I decided to try and sell it as it is in the NGC slab before I sink any more money into a 'free' coin. If I can't get any bites on it on eBay, I'll look into a regrade. I can't post a link to it cuz I'm too new to the forum yet, but it is posted now if anyone knows someone interested in it. Again, Thanks for all you help everyone! Hopefully I'll find more this spring to post!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2986 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck with the sale. It's a very nice coin. But you might want to change the listing category to Draped Bust dimes (currently it's listed under collections, lots). It will make it easier to find by the people who are interested.
Learn More...
United States
16366 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am at F15. Most grading services once learned it was dug, will quickly call it corroded. I have a 1786 VERMONTENSIUM that is an obvious dug coin in a problem free PCGS holder?
I am jealous as we have nothing that old out West. I detect, but more for gold nuggets.
Great find!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1645 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just ran across this Topic again - whatever happened to this dime? Did it sell?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Angrymanatee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't get any bites on Ebay after 3 weeks and I needed to sell it, so I took it around to some local dealers and sold it to the highest offer. I got $1400 for it. Not as much as I had hoped to get, but that's ok. $1400 for a coin I found in the dirt is still awesome in my opinion. I wish I could do it more often!

Thanks everyone for your help and interest!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1645 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
$1400 for a coin I found in the dirt is still awesome in my opinion. I wish I could do it more often!

No doubt!

Pillar of the Community
United States
910 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bet the dealer you sold it to will cross it over to PCGS.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55849 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It should be crossed for sure. But a bird in the hand...
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Angrymanatee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I kind of hope he does cross it over. I would like to see that coin get the grade it deserves. I was just not the right person to do it. Just couldn't afford to put more cash into it for a chance that they come back with the same result.
Page: of 5
Previous TopicReplies: 64 / Views: 2,883Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05