Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just For Fun And For Your Opinions

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,462Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Valued Member
Canada
97 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bond632 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You would get interested parties either way, I suppose you would have to find out the difference in selling price between graded and not to tell if it would be worth the cost to you. Because you have to add in that expense when you sell, I think you would lose more customers over gaining any.

I say leave it as is. It's in a decent holder that describes what it is, but also any layperson can clearly see for themselves the rotation. Any buyer that is more interested in the grade than the rotation, probably can and will self grade the coin, then send it to a TPG if they so choose.
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe PCGS has a double coin holder that would accommodate the pair. NGC might also. Best to call their Customer Service. The diving goose is an ~$800 coin, so it is worth grading in my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
536 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silviosi, please reread my previous post. You seem to have misunderstood what I wrote.

I did NOT give the $30 price for the rotated coin. I said that the OTHER coin didn't matter since anyone can buy a 1967 dollar for $30 to show the NORMAL alignment.

The 2 coins do not have to stay together. Someone (collector, dealer, who knows ?) took 2 coins and put them together. The normal coin does not add value to the rotated coin by keeping them together. The normal coin that is in the case now can still be sent for grading, but unless it's MS-65 or better, or PL-67, then it's not worth spending $50 at PCGS to grade it.
----------------------------------------------------------

47P7 - Let's say you get them slabbed together - extra cost ! Let's say the rotated one is worth $1000 and the other one is MS-65 $166 Cdn.(PL-67 $92 C&C). Will someone pay $1166 to get the rotated one when they already have 10 other 1967's that have normal alignment ? Maybe, but they will try to get both for what they would pay for the rotated one. And if the normal one comes back from grading below the grades above (MS-64 $42, or PL-66 $43), then you really lose out.

Sold separately will provide more profit.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
880 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry TerryT, misunderstood the price of $3-4. The rest is very nice answer.

Small parenthesis: Today a certification cost with shipping around 100 CAD.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3927 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slab the Diver .
Then list the slabbed coin along with the holder
and the other coin still in it .
I had a 1966 Small and Large beads pair
similar to the holder you have .
Slabbed the small beads and sold it all together .
Neat item !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4737 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The diving probably sell for 700 or so as is, graded depends on 64 or better then you are well over thousand buck
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1385 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A local collector told me recently that HA sold a diving goose at well over 1K US at one of their auctions.
I have not checked HA at this time.
Just thought yesterday to post something that might possibly be interesting in making conversation.
Do YOU seriously believe this, the dble struck and the 66 Small beads were smoking-break- back-door jobs?
see my Dbl struck image below. I can post the SB 66 also if you guys wish. but I did before.
Edited by 47P7
03/09/2021 10:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4737 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As for the 67 halves and dollars there are just so many of them that they can't be a honest error as for the small bead one dealer at one time had all or most of the units. You rarely ever see a double struck coin except the 69 pennies, the RCM took on the wrong dealer after the court case the 67 coins becomes legit and got listed, so just enjoy them for what they are. A few years ago at a GTA show, a fellow collector showed me a beautiful double struck toonie offered almost triple the value of a good ms64 1967 double struck dollar but he didn't want to sell, that is only the second double struck toonie I've seen in many years and also some years they strike 200 million coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
880 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2021  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Late on this, In 1970 RCM conclude the investigations and find that those coins was altered by night shift of mint. 4 individuals go purge , but never find the boss, apparently very know dealer.
Those coins seem to be very strange for all and almost impossible to happened on striking process. But to day speculators go behind any concept. I have 'it many offer of such coins and never buy because I know really never happened. the store of the dealer still be there, do not know if this junk still in life, I so not care.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reedbeard08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just stopping in to say....that's a gorgeous coin, most certainly the real thing. Thanks for sharing :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
880 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Reedbeard08 You like, good for you. But if legitim in the mint process will never happened, and if happened will look like the photo of 47P7 second photo which it is GORGEOUS.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
903 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a big fan of these holders and not a fan of TPG or their holders at all.
I like the fact you still have access to the coin if desired, the coin is extremely safe and the presentation is very nice. IMO.
The holder if not stored or handled with some care it can get light scratches but I found "Mother's" a car care product for plastic lenses works great in removing all but the heavier scratches.
For me I like it as it is.
Very nice diving goose looks to be a higher grade and much nicer then the regular one beside it.

Cheers, Bill
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
804 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Say Bill, are you not concerned using a "Mothers" product so close to the coins. Just wondering how good of a seal that holder has to keep out any harmful vapours.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
903 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Loonielewy, not at all the the holder material is very thick no chance of penetration.
When screwed together I think you could put it under water and it probably would be safe although I haven't tried that last part nor do I encourage anyone else to, at least not with a coin in it.
I used it on mine and didn't bother removing the coins but to be super safe sure remove the coin first.
As for the product it's a cream and I can't say I noticed any odours but I guess it could have vapours.

Cheers, Bill
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
804 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bill. I won't run into the problem, as I have none of these holders...yet.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,462Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05