Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What US Coin Do You Think Is The Ugliest?

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 2,145Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstrike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd have to say that it is without doubt the 1993 Jefferson commemorative dollar. It looks little like the Jefferson portraits, and when I saw it, at first glance I honestly thought it was commemorating Babe Didrikson Zaharius.

Learn More...
United States
100811 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I honestly thought it was commemorating Babe Didrikson Zaharius.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstrike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know it probably sounds like I was trying to be a smart alec, but I really wasn't. I think the coin could have been much more like Jefferson. Here's a picture of Babe Zaharius, just so you can see it like I did.

Learn More...
United States
100811 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20246 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of those baby sized dollar coins.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
992 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nickels! All nickels. IMHO nickel is an ugly corrosive metal. Buffalo nickels are ok but I don't collect any nickels. I think franklins are fine in general, but I find his profile hideous.
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
536 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any One of the Presidential dollars...the whole series
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All of those baby sized dollar coins.

Quote:
Any One of the Presidential dollars...the whole series

Gotta agree with both of these. The modern dollars often feel uninspired or just poorly inspired.

The Presidential dollars are just plain ugly to me, the 3/4 profile just isn't a good look, the ones that opted for a side profile are alright to me but don't make up for the rest of them
Learn More...
United States
100811 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Presidential dollars are just plain ugly to me, the 3/4 profile just isn't a good look, the ones that opted for a side profile are alright to me but don't make up for the rest of them
I agree. I like the series, but I hoped it was going to look better than it did.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The portrait of Reagan is pretty bad: why is he grinning like that?
Learn More...
United States
100811 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The portrait of Reagan is pretty bad: why is he grinning like that?
The image is taken from a real photo, the same photo used for the 2016 Coin and Chronicles set. The grin is somewhat accurate, however poorly executed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another thing I noticed is that the portraits of the first half dozen presidents look "puffy".
Valued Member
108 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 829729742 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

heh heh
Valued Member
United States
447 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep saying I am a "newbie" but when it comes to modern coins, I have just about the same opinion I have of modern postage stamps... mostly awful designs, awful "print quality", awful subject matter. BUT HEY, who am I?

Nobody...
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love Special Olympics, but the portrait on that coin leaves a lot to be desired.
Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 2,145Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05