Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020-P Lincoln DDO From New Bankroll.

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 611Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sgtclough to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thankyou . Just noticed from bottom of your post you have several videos on youtube. My apologies and I will watch and learn before I waste anymore of the forums time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50619 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a waste of time to educate. You may ask a question, that others may have wondered as well, but were afraid to ask. Not a waste of time.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38825 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  04:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are going to need to filter your light source, I see doubling caused by your light source as well.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
257 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stgclough, don't be afraid to post. The whole point of a forum is to have things to talk about. Don't underestimate the benefit of having good examples in hand as well. You can watch all kinds of videos and still learn something when you post your own coins.

Coop, that was a great paragraph! As always, thank you!
Valued Member
United States
257 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've fallen victim to what John mentioned. Moving your light source around or getting in direct sunlight can help you see if the "doubling" is truly there without too much extra work.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50619 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last night I was working with my tablet, and was adding the message and before I could finish, the tabled reloaded on me. So I had to re-type it again. But being the patient person I am, I Just started over again. But I feel the second draft was better than the first one. So the best thing happened when it went away. The second draft was the lower message and adding the images, for references, I later added the previous message to the top of the this thread. But the thought about the point of the blank, just hit me at the time. The point being, the first kiss, not being on target, would be corrected with the power stroke, creating the doubled die. (Just so you know what happen at the keyboard last night)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
736 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you sorry for the time, you remember my army time. When I training the solders or my sub-officers I told them: You do not know? I teach you. You do not can do? I will help you. you refuse to do? I force you.

The first two thinking apply here, not the last one.

Do not be shame to ask.
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sgtclough to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@All I feel I need to clarify . My comment was not meant to sound like I was butthurt and lashing out. I have never been or will be a "spoon fed" guy. I prefer to research and dig on my own before asking questions or posting. The knowledge I have gained and am gaining from this forum is VERY much appreciated. Was just stating a fact that I NEED to research a little more. And AGAIN thanks to all.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38825 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like your attitude
John1
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sgtclough to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also @John1 this is the camera I use and its either full torch mode or light off even though it has an "adjustment dial" so any recommendations or where to research would also be appreciated . Or for that matter if its junk I just may need to upgrade to one of better quality if any have a recommendation?
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sgtclough to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also @Silviosi I couldnt agree more. 13 years in the Army myself ,team leader , squad leader. And 26 years L.E Shift Lieutenant for past 18 so I could not agree more with your comment.
Valued Member
United States
257 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have that USB microscope. You have to make sure it's perfectly aligned with and looking directly down at the coin (any angle gives me a shadow). I've also had success in direct sunlight with the lamp off.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My apologies and I will watch and learn before I waste anymore of the forums time

Definitely not a waste of time. We all get to see the coins that pass through peoples hands. I personally get to learn from the examples provided by the rest of the folks here.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38825 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  05:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have two scopes. Yours has a minimum of 40x and that is too much. It needs to be as low as possible and no higher than 200x. Lighting will be a problem no matter what. Experiment filtering the light.
John1
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sgtclough to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks bud much appreciated.... Basically too much magnification and "cant see the forest through the trees" as they say
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 611Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05