Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Needs Some Cents To Look Through?

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 972Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15425 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if there are any wheat cents in that lot ? I'd go for it but I don't think they make a $4,000 postage stamp .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4142 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$60,000 in face value for $98,000. Value in copper metal about $160,000. Certainly a quicker way to get copper coins. Imagine trying to sort throught boxes from the bank. Personally I would have some major storage issues!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1571 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy wheats at 2 cents each and wholesale them for 3 cents each.

IF they were all wheats, which they most assuradly are not, I could make $82,000 on this deal. Also it would take years to sort through them all. This I speak from experiance. I have sorted over 2 million wheats in the last 9 years. Sure some would be culls and others worth more, but it would be a nice chunk of change per year...if they were all wheaties.

This deal is probably something you would be lucky to break even with.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4584 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone help me roll these?...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reedbeard08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How many foundations have failed while these were accumulated?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3131 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I draw the line when I need a forklift to move my purchase!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3019 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it still illegal to melt US copper cents and pour them into bars, rounds, etc?
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it still illegal to melt US copper cents and pour them into bars, rounds, etc?

Only if you get caught!
Learn More...
United States
101061 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my!

Not sure if I could handle that. I will leave that to you heavy hitters out there.
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hold on, about to sell my house to buy 20 tons of pennies, then gonna build a house to live in out of them after spending 30+ years searching through them
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15425 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will leave that to you heavy hitters out there.

Thank you very much but I don't think I will have 30 years left to search through all of them .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Learn More...
United States
101061 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you very much but I don't think I will have 30 years left to search through all of them .
Hitters. Plural. Team effort!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1479 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Says "All reasonable offers will be taken into consideration. If you are looking for a different quantity, just ask, and we will try to work out a deal."

Sends offer to buy one roll to help the guy out....
Learn More...
United States
101061 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sends offer to buy one roll to help the guy out....
Pillar of the Community
United States
2306 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For some reason, this reminds me of coin dealer Robert Friedberg who had SEVEN MILLION 1955-S Lincoln Cents stored in a vault.

https://scvhistory.com/scvhistory/s...06-coins.htm
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 972Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05