Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Blank Lincoln Planchet

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,858Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58407 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on 50K posts Dr.coop!
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11032 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on 50k, coop!!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ABS21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting..really interesting and informative thread! Congrats Coop and thank you as always for being such an enormous help to everyone!
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vin71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it was a pocket change that rub and tumbled in water or pocket or whatever, don't you think that the LMC would be the first thing to rub off!!
If you say acid had done this, the color of the penny would be totally different don't you think?

I'll get you the weight soon, have to get new scale.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17826 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  04:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vin71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John, finally got a chance to weight the coin, it's 2.5, The size is same as the regular penny but it is thinner.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
39525 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure how it happened, but it is some sort of PMD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  05:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vin71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the follow up John. Any suggestions for this coin?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39525 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put it aside as a curiosity.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like an 'Ocean cent" to me
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36
My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarters Albums coin count: 423/423
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51873 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not even a month yet, and I'm almost up to 700 more posts.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shathe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like maybe someone put it in a rock tumbler...? (found a blank last night!)
Pillar of the Community
United States
579 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a keeper either way. That is impressive coop.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6061 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I said:

Quote:
Rothery, on a beach (ocean beach), you have to take in consideration the salt factour.

and Rothery wrote

Quote:
Merc - you should know Lake Erie isn't a salt water body seeing you are from "Down South" of us

Actually I'm "from" atop a little lake named Lake Ontario, but, same thing... I realise our lakes aren't salt water, that's why in my original statement I said "ocean beach." Although I did as a kid catch an Atlantic Salmon in Lake Ontario.

ša va bien aller

Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,858Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05