Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1922 Peace Dollar Bulk Lot Question And Advice?

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,035Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4565 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A question to anyone looking in....

Would the tissue test work on a toned coin such as this one?

Edited: maybe that and a scale would be quickest for this poster
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Edited by Greasy Fingers
04/18/2021 11:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got this yesterday from a local Jewlery store owner. Short version he has over 40 , 1922 that he just got in from someone hard up for cash. He offered them all to me for $10 each for the lot.

And you didn't take it? Are they real? Here ya go: Per COIN!!!

Values Entered:

Quantity: 1
Coin Type: 1921-1935 Peace dollar
Silver Price: $19.97 / troy ounce

Edited by Rothery
04/19/2021 12:18 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4565 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I edited my above post/question because without the added edit it seemed (to me) like I was hi-jacking the topic and didn't want that...

@ Rothery...sorry I don't understand your response...please enlighten me....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
.sorry I don't understand your response...please enlighten me..

Well I'm not religious so I can't "enlighten" you but if you put things together then yo can tell "I was offered them for 10$ apiece" and then "Coin Type: 1921-1935 Peace dollar
Silver Price: $19.97 / troy ounce"
- just doesn't make sense - EH?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39434 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buy them all. Take your scale and a magnate with you. Stay in the loupe on the gold one also.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4139 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have the right app on your phone, compare the "ping' with a known real one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9635 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  07:08 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The obverse on that piece is amazingly well struck up, particularly for a lightly circulated coin. While the price is right out of the 1980's, I'd investigate further. What is the thickness? Can you get a pic of the rim?
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
4345 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they're legit, grab 'em. Quickly.
Learn More...
United States
33650 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  08:52 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just day dreaming.... if I tell him he is only asking half the price of silver in each coin, he may realize he has made a big mistake on the pricing. Jewelers aren't usually shy about charging big markups, so why would he offer genuinely huge discount? Hmmm, wouldn't a jewelry store have some sort of precious metal detection equipment? Is greed clouding my judgement? *wakes up*
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sgtclough to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Little "Semi-Happy" Update. Went in about an hour ago. Told him I wanted them all. Welllll he thought I was only wanting two or three and wanted to keep a repeat customer. He said "I'm sorry for the confusion but I'm taking a ten dollar loss each coin that way." "I can do 10 at that price because of what I said to you. " We haggled.... I purchased 22 @$10 each.Mostly all Philly, a few Denver and San Fran. ALL were verified in front of me on the Sigma Metalytics he has at the shop. Now down the VAM rabbit hole.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3516 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll give you $11 per coin, if you are interested :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3516 Posts
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sgtclough to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Hfjacinto ..... "Hard Pass" lol
Learn More...
United States
100811 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Little "Semi-Happy" Update...

Quote:
Now down the VAM rabbit hole.
Good luck!
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jonjrl1963 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless the dealer is 103yrs old, the $10 price might be ....made up?
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,035Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05