Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Laura Gardin Fraser's Washington Quarter Obverse May Be Used From 2022-25

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 3,493Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17603 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2021  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I never really cared for the Fraser design either. If you're going to have Washington on a quarter series honoring famous women, how about the other Washington? Put Martha on the obverse.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
108324 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you're going to have Washington on a quarter series honoring famous women, how about the other Washington? Put Martha on the obverse.
Interesting idea.
Pillar of the Community
United States
883 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today, the U.S. Mint posted images of the circulation strikes and proof strikes of the American Women Quarters. Among the images were the circulation and proof strikes of the Fraser obverse. I've used one of the obverse images, plus an image of the classic Flanagan Washington obverse, taken from the 2021 Crossing the Delaware quarter page, to make this side-by-side comparison.

In my opinion, Fraser's design is much bolder, more detailed, and shows Washington in a positive way.
Edited by SilverRoosevelt
12/14/2021 7:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
973 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  01:27 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bring back lady liberty!!
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the idea of lady liberty, ah, when the things are simpler. I wonder this design would be good base-offs of hobo quarters, hmmm. Just carve out the date, MM, and in god we trust then you would have something to work on, we'll see.
Learn More...
United States
108324 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today, the U.S. Mint posted images of the circulation strikes and proof strikes of the American Women Quarters...
Thank you for sharing.
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2021  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T_F_F to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ooooo
Pillar of the Community
United States
906 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2021  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdh157 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I prefer the look of the 1932 design but Fraser's design is a great second choice. Beats the heck out of the 1999-2020 obverse. Someone keep us updated if you hear any further info on this please.
Pillar of the Community
777 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2021  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know I will take some flack for this but I hate that design.

Keep the design that was first used in 1932 and then again from 1934-1998 and again in 2021.
Learn More...
United States
108324 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2022  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know I will take some flack for this but I hate that design.

Just giving you some flack.

Not everyone likes it. Not everyone has to like it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
906 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdh157 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well............it's 2022. Anyone seen one? According to the mint website Gardin's design is officially being used for the obverse. They should be nice looking coins if they use something other than the very fine/weak designs they have been using since 1999. The 2021 was a refreshing change.
Edited by mdh157
01/05/2022 09:08 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4775 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These quarters are saving me money by not wanting to buy them! Why is it so hard going back to a single design? If these MUST be, why not release the regular design along with the commens like Canada does. Then everyone will be happy and won't have gaps in their books. The Statehood & Territories were fine. But did it stop there? Oh heck NO it didn't! I might consider buying mint and proof sets but not if they are bloated with this garbage. I miss the days of one lens sets.
Learn More...
United States
108324 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well............it's 2022. Anyone seen one?
Doubtful I will see one until I get an annual set from the mint.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Change in our change....lol. I like change!
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CMattB2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 2021 was a refreshing change.
I agree completely. As long as we're still getting the high relief of last year I'll be very happy!
Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 3,493Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: