Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Chinese Rocket Contest - Ended

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 961Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Santiago, Chile.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7163 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My backyard in Ellicott City MD - then I'll be able to sell tourist tickets to view it at $100 each and have enough cash to purchase the 1933 Double Eagle coming up for auction in June.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Learn More...
United States
34286 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rules say city and country; I see a lot of whole countries.

My guesses:

1) Rio de Janero, Brazil
2) Cairo, Egypt
3) Hobyo, Somalia
4) Hobart, Taasmania, Australia
5) La Paz, Baja California, Mexico
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
823 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In water.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4813 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess #1 -- Hyannis, Nebraska
Edited by ijn1944
05/08/2021 10:05 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rats, I didn't realize we got five guesses. Oh well.
Come on, Kyrgyzstan...

Now that the contest is closed, it's worth noting that it should only be able to land within 41 30' of the equator.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2280 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it was not the Chinese rocket I saw last night, but the SpaceX Starlink satellite train.
1_eeu1mvnWs
Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As of 15 minutes ago:

Quote:
The rocket body's reentry is currently projected at anywhere between 7:30 p.m. ET and 1:30 a.m. ET, according to the latest U.S. Space Force data.

Quote:
Potential landings over land are subject to change, but currently include the Southeastern U.S., Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, parts of Southern Europe, much of Northern and Central Africa, the Middle East, Southern India and Australia.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right on top of my house.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15613 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've decided to change the location to just which Country it lands on , not the City . This way it is more likely that someone wins . If the rocket blows up into thousands of pieces , the contest is over ,no one wins .
Once again good luck to the members who got their guess in by 10:00 am this morning .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15613 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Right on top of my house.

Ok fine , If you win the prize goes to you next of kin .

In Memory of Butch L.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40137 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
U-B-funny.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15613 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I guess we all know by now that the Rocket fell into the Indian Ocean . No winners this time around but thanks to all that participated . Maybe someone else will try this the next time China allows one of their Rockets to fall to Earth .

In Memory of Butch L.
Pillar of the Community
United States
864 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indian ocean near the Maldives...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3097 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
T-BOP, THANKS for the contest! It was fun!

"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 961Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05