Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Post Pictures Of Your Rare/Interesting British Coins Here!

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 3,006Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United Kingdom
60 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@wael4979 Nice! Is this a groat? It seems like it's in pretty good condition, so yes, pretty rare, I'd say!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  04:19 am  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I did not see this request for info before.
This I believe is a Henry VI Groat, Rosette issue so dating 1430 to 1431, minted in London. Ref is Spink 1858.
Not particularly rare - Henry VI groats are not scarce surprisingly. My book (2018 issue) gives 60 in Fine and 200 in VF - I would put this better than Fine with a very nice portrait.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
52 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add saxon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rarest 50p coin the 2009 blue Peter Olympic coin only 19,700 sold. I was lazy and posted the change checker stock photo instead of my own example

https://www.changechecker.org/wp-co...50p-pack.jpg
Edited by saxon
06/04/2021 3:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3059 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use to love watching Blue Peter when I was a kid and living in England. I'm nearly 63 now and living in Australia. Is Blue Peter still on TV now?

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8872 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is Blue Peter still on TV now?

Yes it is! And you can watch some classic bits on YouTube...
P66mUNV3rKY
Edited by NumisRob
06/05/2021 5:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3059 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes it is! And you can watch some classic bits on YouTube...

Thanks for sharing Rob.
I think I remember seeing that, just before I left the UK in 1969.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8872 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  05:12 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recent addition and a coin I've been after for a long time - a 1927 threepence. Mintage: 15,022. Issued only in Proof Sets but this one appears to have got into circulation!
Learn More...
United States
101829 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
60 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@NumisRob yes, very nice!
Valued Member
United States
243 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  12:32 am  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Not one of my rarest British coins, but definitely one of my prettiest. This lovely toner, sometimes categorized as a pattern, is a very proof-like 1848 "Godless" florin, ESC 801, which is the milled-edge variety. This type, without the usual "Dei Gratia" in the obverse legend, was issued again in 1849. After that, from 1851-1887, God was reinstated and all the legends appeared in the same lettering as the beloved Gothic Crown of 1847 and 1853. (Yes, some doubling can be seen on the obverse...not a plus, to my mind, and the only reason I could afford this coin some 35-40 years ago.)

"I ain't good-looking, but I'm willing to try."
--- Dave "Snaker" Ray: 'It's All Right,' 1963
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2772 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  02:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is incredible, Daltonista!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8872 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  04:01 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely! Never seen an 1848 before!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
60 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  04:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ daltonista absolutely beautiful!
Learn More...
United States
101829 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not one of my rarest British coins, but definitely one of my prettiest.
That is one lovely lady!
Valued Member
United States
243 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vicki & I both appreciate the kind comments! (We've been together since 1983, I believe, and we'd all be blushing if I told you what a cheap young thing she was back then.)
"I ain't good-looking, but I'm willing to try."
--- Dave "Snaker" Ray: 'It's All Right,' 1963
Page: of 7
Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 3,006Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05