Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are The Odds?

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 905Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
7060 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so we can see what you have!
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't want to have anybody get upset by putting a bunch of coins on one post so I've already posted one and I will be posting the rest shortly
Edited by My2cent
06/20/2021 10:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3236 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can only see this possibly happening if the store you went into was a Coin Shop and you purchased the coins knowing that they were Doubled Dies.

The odds of this happening at any other store would be astronomical! If these do turn out to be Doubled Dies I may ask you to buy me a lottery ticket. If you have luck like this, how can I lose!

My2cent said...

Quote:
...since I'm not allowed to post more than one coin at a time stick around and I will show you.

You should only post one coin per Topic, but you can post as many topics as you wish.

I can't wait to see these.
ANA Member ID: 3203813 - CONECA Member ID: N-5637
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Learn More...
United States
20820 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some links to the the threads with the OPs coins mentioned in this thread:

http://goccf.com/t/402743
http://goccf.com/t/402745
http://goccf.com/t/402747

@m2c, if I've got these wrong, please let me know and I'll fix them. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No Spence you do have them correct I appreciate your assistance because I do not know how to share links like that
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53865 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well if they have incuse marks into the coin, there is a 99% chance it is damaged. 1% it is a mint error.

If you see a pattern in your coins, put them together and then ask a question on one of them. (We see a lot of the Machine Doubling examples a lot here. So if it is Machine Doubling, then you know the whole stack it probably that issue. These will be affected on the outer and inner devices on the edges. If the devices are larger on the centers of the devices. Those might be a doubled die. Post these one at a time to determine what you have. But Machine Doubling pretty much looks the same on all denominations. The difference?

Note the first example of Machine Doubling. Note that the MD removed the contour of that device. On the example on the right you can see on the centers, with widening of the devices. So don't look at the outside edges of devices, look at the centers of devices for a doubled die.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Coop I understand that because you have taught me pretty well so far. Nothing I am showing is incus. Nothing I am posting is dramatic doubling or anything but it is there.
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also just wanted to mention it was not a coin shop that I was in LOL just my local convenience store the only one for 10 miles
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haa mines 8 miles away.
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely enjoy the privacy of life in the woods. It's worth the extra drive to not have annoying neighbors
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53865 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes collections are stolen and spent as normal change. You may have received part of a collection?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop that is what I was afraid of too and that's why I feel kind of bad about it.
I the other hand I suppose maybe somebody turned in their own collection because they needed some change or at least that's what I'm going to go with in my head so I don't feel so bad. I know how I would feel somebody took my collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stolen collection is unlikely. Don't worry about it.
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will do my best to chalk it up to dumb luck and be thankful for it.
For some reason it seems I have received as change both my 2000 and 98 WAM a 1967 quarter with 140░ or so rotated die and a couple other things as well from that same store.
Seems strange to me but I'm just going to roll with the punches.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 905Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05