Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

First Coin Show In Ages - Ottawa

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,661Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Valued Member
Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jazzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi @SPP-Ottawa, thanks for the chat at the show, really enjoyed it. Thanks for the rolls of pennies and nickels :) Highlight for me was a nice 1956 50-cent piece. Looking forward to the next show.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
901 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was wondering if anyone went to this show. A bit too far for me, but, Cobourg is coming up Aug. 22. Sure will be nice getting to "shop" again.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Valued Member
Canada
108 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi! thanks SPP ottawa. Do you know if theu are going to do the show each month at the legion?
Valued Member
Canada
248 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little show report:

I had table and SPP-Ottawa generously offered to act as security/food and beverage delivery. We showed up at 7:45am. Several out of town dealers had already arrived. Ottawa Hydro was doing some work this morning, so we didn't have power until just after 8am, but it was no problem. Doors opened slightly before 9am. A line had been forming for 20 minutes or so, which was nice to see, and there was a steady stream of collectors coming in and out until things died down around 2pm. Ten dealers were set up, some larger and some smaller, mostly dealing in Canadian decimal but also paper money. Most coins were raw, but there were a few higher end pieces here and there. There were more under-40 attendees than expected, and a good mix of collecting areas from those I spoke with. I specialize in medals and some tokens, which apparently was the one area of collecting not especially well represented. Still, great seeing some friends for the first time in a long time, and always interesting meeting new people. It's great to see things slowly returning to as normal as can be expected (mask wearing and distancing compliance was generally excellent).

Jacob
Edited by NumisCat
07/25/2021 8:34 pm
Valued Member
Canada
117 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MathMan27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sorry I missed it. If there are more in the fall, I'd be interested I going (and maybe bringing my youngest). Any idea when the next one is scheduled?
Canada
12 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jp8484 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next show is September 12
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19255 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2021  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You lucky bunnies!
Sydney has gone back into lockdown.
Learn More...
Canada
9954 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The next show is September 12. I'll be there helping out dealer Jacob Lipson.

http://ottawacoinshows.com
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
9954 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
UPDATE: there has been a date change, the next show will be September 19.

http://ottawacoinshows.com
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4866 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there an update on the show tomorrow? planning on a long trip east.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
593 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t_y to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will not attend (there's a wine tasting that I cannot miss). I know of someone else who will be golfing instead of having a table and a friend of us who will be riding to someplace else.

Alliance Coin and Banknote will have the auction lots on display.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4866 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will try next month, follow the auction, thanks and enjoy the tasting !
Edited by john100
09/18/2021 4:26 pm
Learn More...
Canada
9954 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2021  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent all of 5 minutes at the local show this past weekend, but spent almost 3 hours with john100 and t_y at the nearby Starbucks. Was great to catch up again with old friends!!

My eBay store
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19255 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sydney has just come back out of lockdown after more than 100 days. ,
Will completely open up next week when we pass 80% double vax for whole of Sydney population, , but we will have to present our double vax evidence, in addition to QR id.

Those who have chosen not to be vaccinated can make their own arrangements, but must remain under lockdown, will probably be set free, when 90% double vax'ed for whole population is reached.

Suits me, I have loved ones who are immune suppressed even with double vax, due to organ transplantation.

I regularly attend coin auction preview days, and get there using public transport. Pictures on line are not good enough and prefer to examine any coin I buy in hand first.
I am really looking forward to catching up again with those who have numismatics as their passion.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4321 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  06:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The next one in Ottawa is scheduled for November 14.
Edited by oriole
10/12/2021 06:44 am
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,661Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: