Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

August 2021 - RCM Release

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 2,351Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6537 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this coin the start of a new series?

Per the Mint web site:

"A new Lunar Year series begins in 2022 with this 1 oz. pure silver coin!" So, it appears that it is the first coin in a new series.

Quote:
Has the obverse "scalloped" design been used before on other coins?

The Mint has employed a number of geometric line backgrounds on its coin over the past few years - multiple designs with maple leaf elements - but I don't immediately recall the exact same pattern as seen on this new Year of the Tiger coin. Maybe it will be unique to this new series.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zhuyuecai to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the great lake coin, it is beautiful. I have kept observing at ebay, and it shows up there as well, with a listed price of more than 900.
It is limited to 2 per household, but somehow sold out very soon. I don't think the price will drop for this one, given its high price, the dealers who buy it has the patience to wait. It is very similar to the luxury market. And you can already see some lower price silver coin listed at ebay with slightly lower price. Those coins are still available from RCM. Not sure if anyone understand their motivation? One interesting thing, the black and gold wolf reaches about CAD$180, and the black and gold horse is crazily more than a thousand(though the last successful deal is at $350),and you can only find one seller there. This shows that the current coin collectors focus more on the design and are willing to pay the premium for a certain well design coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6537 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, to CCF! I hope you decide to continue here and contribute to many discussions!

Quote:
For the great lake coin...I don't think the price will drop for this one, given its high price,

Almost all RCM collector-issue coins drop in price after their initial buzz wears off. Let's see where the market price on this one settles in a year or two. Personally, I think it will be lower than today's just-after-release price points.

Quote:
One interesting thing, the black and gold wolf reaches about CAD$180, and the black and gold horse is crazily more than a thousand(though the last successful deal is at $350),and you can only find one seller there. This shows that the current coin collectors focus more on the design and are willing to pay the premium for a certain well design coin.

This may be true for some collectors, but I don't think it is universal. Many of today's collector-speculators go after the first issue of a series because first issues have a history of higher secondary market prices. For these collectors, I believe the design aesthetics are secondary.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
08/09/2021 09:13 am
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zhuyuecai to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This may be true for some collectors, but I don't think it is universal. Many of today's collector-speculators go after the first issue of a series because first issues have a history of higher secondary market prices. For these collectors, I believe the design aesthetics are secondary.

Totally agree. The 'in the moonlight series' is a good example, the first 'northern light in the moonlight' has one sold record early this year with a price two times more than the issued price. However, the subsequent animal in the moon light coins didn't get the hype with the same mintage.
Still trying to understand the market. But for myself, I am interested to coins related to Canadian history and landscape.
Valued Member
Canada
295 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if it is late Aug release or early Sept, but I see someone on ebay selling a
Canada 1 Oz Silver $25 Dollars Concave Coin, Klondike Gold Rush, 2021.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver with selective gold plating
Shipping: October 2021

It is kind of neat to try to shape the coin like a pan and make it as if panning for gold. I think I'll take a pass on this one.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2835 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Canada 1 Oz Silver $25 Dollars Concave Coin, Klondike Gold Rush, 2021

Received ordering info last night from rep. I consider it a mid-August release rather than early September release since we not even half way through month.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
648 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it. Probably will buy, depending on price and mintage.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2835 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Klondike Gold Rush coin sells for $189.95 and mintage is 5000. I don't recall any unadorned 1 oz coin that is so expensive at $189.95, which is usually reserved for 2 oz coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
648 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  04:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Klondike Gold Rush coin sells for $189.95 and mintage is 5000. I don't recall any unadorned 1 oz coin that is so expensive at $189.95, which is usually reserved for 2 oz coins.

Thanks, MoneyPenny.

$189.95 for a 1oz coin, with a mintage of 5,000?

That's crazy...unless there's some real value in them there gold nuggets. : - )
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6537 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Back in 2016, the 140th Anniversary of the Library of Parliament domed/curved coin had the same specs as the new Klondike coin (but it wasn't selectively gold-plated) and had a maximum mintage of 6,000. Its issue price was $159.95.

2016's $159.95 is 2021's $189.95!

Edited by commems
08/12/2021 10:40 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
528 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 oz. Pure Silver Concave Coin - 125th Anniversary of the Klondike Gold Rush: Panning for Gold

Just saw it on RCM site. I guess for Master club members for now. I like it and will buy it to proudly display it. I will use some of my points for a discount. :)
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
509 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I consider it a mid-August release rather than early September release

I am also expecting the release of the $2 Klondike special wrap and keepsake cards this month... they were advertised as an August release last month when the Insulin $2 circulation sets were issued.

As a note for those looking for US based purchases, APMEX just listed the Black and Gold Grey Wolf and Great Lakes coins for $250 and $530 US respectively. They also have the 2oz Gold Pysanka for $6500 US. All of which are sold out at the RCM.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
528 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 oz. Pure Silver Gold-Plated Coin - Black and Gold: The Grey Wolf:

I'm still waiting for mine.

Order Date: Jun-25-2021
Order Status: Processing as of Aug-02-2021
Your order is estimated to arrive Aug-19-2021
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zhuyuecai to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Klondike Gold Rush coin sells for $189.95 and mintage is 5000. I don't recall any unadorned 1 oz coin that is so expensive at $189.95, which is usually reserved for 1 oz coins.

It looks interesting but not in my plan. Also the mintage is too high, I guess there will be quite a few available in ebay with lower price. Also $189 for 2 oz is just too expensive.

Quote:
1 oz. Pure Silver Gold-Plated Coin - Black and Gold: The Grey Wolf

I got mine from ebay with total cost of $180, it is really beautiful. I want the horse as well, since they have the same design and should be in the same series.
However, it is too expensive on ebay now.

Edited by zhuyuecai
08/13/2021 11:48 am
Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 2,351Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05