Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Pictures Of Low Mintage Coins In Terrible Condition

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 63 / Views: 2,236Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3162 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2021  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
30 years better than me, my oldest find was a worn 1942 shilling on September 30 2006, the last day of the old 10 cent coins and my shop was bombarded with several $100s of them.

I also stole that remark "Lowest of lowballs" off you NumisRob, you said that about my 1912 in the Australian thread and I just loved it.

Sorry for waffle post, I just have very few naff coins. I have an addiction to buying nice ones!!!!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  01:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
chances of finding such an ancient coin in circulation must have been 40,000,000 to 1

I found that victorian shilling in a $100 bag of 10 cent coins freshly filled up by the coin machine at my local bank, so I had first dibs at finding it after someone fed it into the machine. Shilling is same weight and size as 10 cent coin so coin machine will gladly gobble it up.

Bank happy to let me have bags off the coin machine because they didn't have to pay to order them in or ship them off.
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1993 50 cent. Mintage just under 1 million. Still possibly Australia's lowest mintage circulating 50c.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2021  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1993 50 cent. Mintage just under 1 million. Still possibly Australia's lowest mintage circulating 50c.
I almost did not recognize that at first!
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1985 10 cent. I don't think there are any decent examples left in circulation.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1985 10 cent. I don't think there are any decent examples left in circulation.
Nice example!
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another rather sad-looking 2013 Coronation $2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3162 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of collectors would be happy with that. Yeah its a bit grubby, but its essentially high grade and purple survives well.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
930 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any condition purple coronation is worth more than face value. They are rare beasts these days.
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  01:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2018 centenary of the Armistice $2. Mintage 1.6 million.

Coloured coins usually aren't left in circulation long enough for them to get this tatty.

Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking through my dollar coin albums I was wondering why such a sorry looking coin as this would be in it amongst the rest which are mostly aUNC/UNC+. A quick perusal of the obverse reminded me why.

Strange that the most valuable coin in my collection is also in the worst condition. Actually looks a lot better in the scan than it does in hand.

2000 $1/10 cent mule. Numista reckons estimated mintage is 5000 coins.

Any mule is a good mule, but this is certainly one of the poorest I've seen posted on this forum.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
930 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

2018 centenary of the Armistice $2. Mintage 1.6 million.

Coloured coins usually aren't left in circulation long enough for them to get this tatty.

That coin looks familiar... At least very similar to the one I dug up while detecting a few years ago. I swapped it for a shiny $2 coin via the work snack vending machine so I guess it ended up back in circulation.
Page: of 5
Replies: 63 / Views: 2,236Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: