Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 Lincoln Cent Looks Like One Of The Doubled Dies Maybe WDDR-002?

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 553Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will do, thanks coop, luckily it seems my scope captures images at the same distance as the images on wexlers doubled dies, so I think matching the mar position, length and width should not be to difficult. It's the idea of matching die markers that sounds annoying to me lol, is it necessary to match up die markers?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coop would you say this is a medium or strong bar? And are stronger bars more rare?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me it looks like small to medium (more medium size bar) from hand to calves, there is about 10-15 listings for this year that look like that but most of them are not as straight as this. This will be thought to label, and I'm still not sure if with these double dies it's worth time to label exactly if I'm not going to sell it. Maybe I'll try and find several and then spend a day fully labeling them.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going with WDDR-016. But this is so hard to tell.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54566 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would call it medium. Coppercoins used a standard, anything less than the arm was considered too minor. So strength will vary. The ones involving other areas of the design are more interesting.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel like I have gone through every doubled die listing for this year and there are some close but I can't pick any exact one as a match(I'm just jumping from one page to another on my phone between photos and internet) but nothing looks exact for a bar match. I took a closer photo but it's not helping much

There is 3-4 that look really close but they don't seem to match exactly with this coin.

Edit: on a side my fiance moved the coin earlier today and I can see her fingerprint is on the coin now-_-
Edited by Wrekkdd
09/20/2021 11:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just found another one of these DDR 2006, look like almost the exact same double die as well, won't bother with pictures at the moment, I still have not confirmed this DDR listing so I'll put them together at some point to find the DDR listing.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54566 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes they are not listed yet. I have 5 rolls that a couple years back, I've still not listed yet. I've been busy helping others.

Added
Did you check WDDR-016?
http://doubleddie.com/731934.html
It maybe a later die state?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Edited by coop
09/23/2021 8:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im fairly sure iv matched this one up but even with my scope it's hard to compare such minor doubling, I imagine even you pros can struggle some times with these kinds of doubled dies, when there is 100 doubled dies so similar to each other trying to match them up is hard. If I could get my scope at the exact size of the listings it would help but that's difficult as well, I'm still getting used to using the scope.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coop, ya I checked them all, and then again, and again to narrow it down. I did think 16 but it seems to long to match up.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it looks closer to 18 ,62 or 66. There is a few others I considered but matching these up is tough.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54566 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Side by side time. I feel the Wexler example is from a polished die. Thus the weakness on the statue. But the length (Bottom of hand to calf) and the width looks same and the vertical appearance. That was what I noticed on that one.
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It starts slightly above the hand and stops on the calf just below the ankle, there are a few that look close but none perfect, so you could be right it's a match to one listed but in a later or earlier die state.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54566 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice editing as always, I can't wait till I can get a setup like yours:p from what I have seen if it's not the ones I thought it is un-listed. But I'm pretty sure it will match one if those.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 553Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: