Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some Of My Friends Silver Coins And Large Cents

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,029Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1879 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Toning is not a condition... The coin is AU at least.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ wade all these coins have been sitting in an antique change purse and I have yet to post any if the coco tin coins other then the 1915 nickel I posted a little while back. I am fairly positive none of the coins are fake, I also don't think any of these coins have been cleaned, just her album coins have been. These are she inherited. The 1935 is non magnetic and weight us 23.29 grams
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My scale is not exact atn there is a fan going and airflow but definitely normal weight and non magnetic so I wouldn't say fake.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was talking about the 1953 @nickelsguy, if that's just toning I'd be surprised it's fairly dark, but either way I was saying it's the 1953 no water line variety from what I can see.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also I guess these specific coins are not in horrible shape, these is about 50 different old silver coins dollars Half Cents dimes and quarters, and the one silver nickel, there is also some random tokens and farthings etc. Older coins 1909-1920
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have yet to get a response about weather it not she has cleaned any if these coins, I will be posting more if them tomorrow. When I say rough shape I'm not saying every coin, but many of them especially the dimes and quarters are very worn. I figured I would start with the best if them.

I started with the 35 due to the shape of the coin(cleaned or not) is a nice coin and I would assume worth more then scrap. I'm sorting them for my friend.( If it was her they would stay in the change purse and coco tin untill she dies). I'm just trying to help her save the coins that could be worth something more then scrap. She would never sell any of these coins IMO even if there was a 20,000 coin in here. She is vary attached to the sentimental value. Many people I work with and know now think of me as the coin guy. I can only givemy limited advice.

The main thing for me is getting to see new coins and researching them and inspecting them individually. Value to me is just another word for rarity, I want them to be preserved with the proper knowledge.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I can tell the 1925$ I posted would be worth at least 40$ even if cleaned so seperating it from the normal lot seems best.(at least if she plans on keeping the coins and passing them on to her kids if she ever has any.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I can confirm that these coins have never been cleaned by my friend, it is possible her grandpa or grandma may have cleaned them at some point(or some of them) but I don't really see any signs of cleaning. The 1935 looks very nice and if it was cleaned it was over 5-10 years ago I would assume (before my friend got them)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1879 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dollar is a 1952. Grade AU Very Nice coin. If not natural toning what do you think the dark color is?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nickelsguy, I posted more then one, coin, also I have no idea when it comes to coins like these, if that toning that's good to know, and it it is AU then even better. These are my friends coins that I'm just showing and question because they are currently stored in bulk in a coin purse and coco tin. If they are to be stored and labeled I should have some info to write on the holders. These is at least 75-100 silver coins I am going through many dollars and 50 pieces and quarters and dimes. But theb1$ and 50 pieces seem in much better condition. My friend just joined the site today, and I doubt there is much point in posting all of them one by one. The nice condition coins or coins I hav questions about I post, the rest I will post photos of the quarters and dimes in bulk most likely because as far as I can tell they mayb be worth there melt Value or slightly higher. She has made it clear non of these coins are for sale, they have sentimental value to her, but if she is going to keep them for another 50+ years hopefully longer then I think they should all be evaluated and stored properly.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know much about large cents either is there any variety or different die pairings for these years? If the info is online then I don't know where to find it.

As for the silver coins, they have been sitting around for a long time and I assume we're cleaned in the past, though I'm not expert. But these coins have not been cleaned in the last 5 years at least since inherited. My friend Kate will not be getting these links so I think it's only right I send her the link to be the one to tell you guys anything about these coins.
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosa94 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys none of these coins posted were cleaned by myself. But perhaps, by my Grandmother or someone else. Unfortunately she recently passed and I can't ask her. There are other coins that I cleaned that are not as old, but Wrekkdd hasn't posted any of those ones on here.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Kate thanks for the confirmation on the cleaning, I would guess they were cleaned at some point, though it does not look like a butcher cleaning job. I will try and get some more posts in today, my covid result came back negative so I'll be back to normal working hours tomorrow (unless they decide to book me in later today)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rosa94. Glad to see you intend on keeping your coins. So many new members, that don't stick around long, are only out to see what they can get for their coins.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2082 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't be surprised if the cocoa tin and change purse were worth a bit of money and I know Rosa94 (Kate) would never part with these keepsakes.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,029Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: