Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1796 25c Draped Bust Quarter - Browning-2 High 6 Obverse Die

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,245Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62954 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must be well north of @150K?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3484 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. That's a coin I will never own, no matter how many years of baloney sandwiches I eat.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8471 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Must be well north of @150K?

I guess I got the student discount.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62954 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You've always been honest with us in the past about the cost of your purchases - I'm sure we'd all appreciate knowing, al least approximately.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8471 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin was sold by Stacks in December 2020 for $114K. If you click on the sale landing page for this coin linked below, you can see that they had horrible and kind of scary pictures up, which I think discouraged everyone from loving this coin on that day. It sold for a song in 2020. I didn't get it that low, but was happy with the price.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/l...-3-ms-64-NGC

PCGS Price Guide lists this coin at $315K but who pays PCGS Price Guide? I though it was good value.

Pillar of the Community
United States
8471 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coinfrog - I'm sure someone will find it in short order and let us know. Folks are pretty sharp on this board.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8471 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone remember Jeff Corelli? Yum!

fHU-yIR05RM
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3314 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well not only was I way off, but now I really want a bologna sandwich!!!!

Congrats on this acquisition NS
Pillar of the Community
United States
908 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a coin that I wish had a trueview...heck of a score man...knew it had to be up there
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Comes in handy if you need to buy a house on the fly, very nice!
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My Set Registry

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
441 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  02:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
PCGS Price Guide lists this coin at $315K but who pays PCGS Price Guide?

Though the NGC price guide comes in quite a bit lower than PCGS at $200k on this one, I don't really pay much attention to either PCGS or NGC price guides. The CDN price is a more realistic $165k.

While a low 6-figure coin is a major purchase by anyone's definition, it sounds like you were fortunate in securing this stunner for a reasonable price. Congrats once again!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10907 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

one of the best early type coins seen here
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW...I remember awhile back someone asked/commented on your budget for coin purchases after you posted several coins (with bad seller photos) that ranged from 2 to 6 hundred dollars.........now this coin...you got me

WOW I knew it was a nice coin, but WOW...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
3255 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you considered sending it to CAC? Did you ask Ian if GC had been sent it to CAC? A lot of the high dollar coins have already been sent to CAC, but I am not seeing anything on the coin that would hold it back from getting a green sticker. CAC has stickered 6 of theses examples MS64 or higher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8471 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't think to ask him but I don't know how much it matters since I'm not looking to sell it anytime soon. Regardless of the sticker, the coin still is what it is. If I need another opinion, I'll come here instead of going to CAC.

Guess the cat's out of the bag now. If you look at the listing it shows the price with the 12.5% fee. I paid 10%, not because I'm special but because I didn't use a costly payment service like PP or CC.

For anyone who cares and has difficulty navigating the net: https://www.greatcollections.com/Co...er-NGC-MS-64
Edited by numismatic student
10/01/2021 4:26 pm
Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,245Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: