Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Uncirculated Set To Be Released Today (9/28/21)

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 911Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Valued Member
United States
210 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am more than frustrated with the mint. High prices, low end packaging, and shipping or I should say the lack of shipping. Are they going to change? David Ryder is gone. Will it make a difference? Uncirculated sets are a staple of the mint. Every year they grind out hundreds of thousands of them. It's not that difficult.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3812 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well this is a disappointment (missing coin):

Edited by KenKat
10/14/2021 5:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4267 Posts
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well this is a disappointment (missing coin):

Quote:
Now to figure out if this is a Return or if I fill out the Certificate of Non-Receipt claim.

Mine is due Tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3812 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well now as I was packing this up to send back, I noticed that the coin had just slipped out of the lens and was "lost" in the packaging. I was able to jimmy it around and get it back in place. Guess I will go ahead and keep it after all.
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3812 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was the Philly "Crossing the Delaware" quarter. It was pushed up into the middle of the packaging.

It's back now.
Edited by KenKat
10/14/2021 5:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3812 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hopefully it suffered no damage?

Yeah, it seems fine. No scuffs or scratches I can see and I think I got it seated back in the lens so it hopefully will stay in place now. I had to give it the shakes to get it lined back up right. Not the best packaging but whatta ya gonna do?
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do not ever order a "circulated coin set" from the Mint. What I received last year was a sheet of crudely cut plastic with coins in it that was nastily folded in half, stuffed into an envelope that was also folded in a different direction. The cheaper sets like this also tend to be misaligned in their construction I've noticed. There is no pride in the packaging presentation here. The UK Mint does better, at least with the 3 items I ordered from there, and I like their screw caps vs our air-tites, but I don't know if they use that for everything. Or was that the Canadian mint ...
Edited by Corbe
10/14/2021 7:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered one set with my subscription, and it is scheduled to arrive Saturday, October 16.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4267 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I'm glad it was there, this style of packaging is not the greatest and has been used for several years, I applaud the attempt to make it look better instead of just stuffing them into an envelope, but it could be sealed up a tiny bit better.
But on this, I won't complain as it didn't cost too much to begin with.
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It was the Philly "Crossing the Delaware" quarter. It was pushed up into the middle of the packaging. It's back now.

Quote:
Yeah, it seems fine. No scuffs or scratches I can see and I think I got it seated back in the lens so it hopefully will stay in place now. I had to give it the shakes to get it lined back up right. Not the best packaging but whatta ya gonna do?

Quote:
Do not ever order a "circulated coin set" from the Mint...
They were designed to be opened up so the coins can be placed in albums. They were never intended to be kept as sets.

Those sets are how I filled my ATB album until 2019 until I bought an uncirculated set because of the free W cent. I decided to keep getting the uncirculated sets to fill because I could fill all my album holes since I do not get change anymore.
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got my set from the mailbox. All coins are where they are supposed to be.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11371 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine came in Friday as well; no issues. Another year of annual sets in the books.
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another year of annual sets in the books.
Figuratively and literally, if you fill album holes.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 911Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: