Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Will The U S Mint's Future Bring More Morgan And Peace Dollars? Yes!

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 176 / Views: 5,863Next Topic
Page: of 12
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Morgan Uncirculated (no mint mark, or W, not sure)

The survey stated they would be minted at Philadelphia with no mint mark
Edited by carlp007
11/20/2021 9:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still Only see 2 PROOFS listed on the U S Mint's Site for Release in 2022. I have Heard about Possibilities of maybe, or ?

When the Mint gets a winner, they run with it !!!! Possibly follows the Original Release Dates through 2035 ?
Learn More...
United States
108363 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They asked how likely I would purchase Morgan & Peace Reverse Proof 2 Coin set for $195.00.
I would.

I got the survey email, I have not completed it yet.
Learn More...
United States
108363 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Survey completed. They know how much I want the two coin set.
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Survey completed. They know how much I want the two coin set.

Me too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"For the purpose of answering this question, please assume that the United States Mint will not issue any Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars in 2022. " THIS is what I found Too....

I believe they Now Know, Exactly how much I wanted.......
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kiteray to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After the "tremendous" job the mint did this year with the unsatisfying finish on the coins, the difficulties with the ordering process, the cheap packaging, and all the numerous defects that have been reported, I am not anxious to order any of the reissued Morgan and Peace dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kiteray, Your talking points were addressed in My Survey Too...... The Money making machine We have come to call the U S Mint, Will make money, I hope the survey results will cause them to Re -think the Pricing and Other problematic, Long Running Concerns, Regardless ....................
Pillar of the Community
United States
683 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I added that I would want to purchase the proof and reverse proof. I would like to see these coins with like an original luster or old Mint Morgans. The uncirculated finish looked too modern for these coins.

I would not mind getting a proof or RP or even enhanced versions of these coins. I just hope they dont make so many mint marks for them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coincollector123, I could not agree more. The PROOFS and ENHANCED PROOFS, REVERSE PROOFS . They will make them, IF We buy them.......They will run with this Train, till the 2035 is sold out !!!! JMO

Talking about the ORIGINAL LUSTER is close to My thoughts Too, WHY not the original Mint's Luster on the UNC'S, Not the same pressure at the presses, Master Dies ? ? That topic could sustain it's own post !!!! PS, I believe the " Finish " on the UNC'S is in its Own category.!!!!!
Edited by morgans dad
11/30/2021 3:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do the Original MORGAN and Peace dollar collectors of days gone bye Consider the 100 Anniversary coins as an extension of their collections or are the Newer Anniversary dollars, a collection all their own ?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19359 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally, I hope that no more Morgan and Peace dollars are minted that bear the 2021 date.
I like the idea that it is possible to have a Morgan or Peace dollar in MS-70 - it is impossible to obtain an example in any other way.

If the Mint wishes to make the 2021 date a scarce and increasingly in demand date to collect,
then no more should be minted in subsequent years.
If the Mint is profit motivated, then keep on minting them, but with date frozen at 2021.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3767 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Personally, I hope that no more Morgan and Peace dollars are minted that bear the 2021 date.
AFAICT the act authorizing them does not actually provide any restriction on minting date other than "no earlier than 2021", but it does specifically say that the coins should bear their minting or issuing date.

So if they want to make any more 2021 dollars, they'd need to get around to it in the remaining four weeks. Anything minted after New Year will have to be dated 2022 (or later as the case may be). No frozen dates here.

(Fortunately, as the original Peace dollar program ran continuously until 1928, they're set with 100th anniversary issues until 2028, at which point they can pretend they switched to the Morgans' 150th anniversary until 2054. After that things get tricky, but I'm sure if it's still relevant they'll think of something. )
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People need MS-70 coins !!!!! I have come to Expect them from the Voluntary Bank Withdrawal System Otherwise know as the United States Mint.

We can read the Act in Many different ways, by simply interpretation. Could they mint more AFTER 2021, According to the act,
" no earlier than 2021 ", could mean ok, nothing before 2021...BUT.....

Like the Morgan silver dollars ran their path, now adding the 100th Anniversary coins, 1878-1904, 1921 and 2021. The Peace dollar ran from 1921- 1928, 1934, 1935.

IF the mint wanted to follow the "no earlier than 2021 ", Why would they NOT MINT TILL THE 2035 DATE !!!!!!!( for the Peace dollar ) Nothing stating they can not.

However, that " would " somehow justify the the Peace dollars Original dates minted, How will they justify more, Morgan dollars, Legislation, is the " ONLY " path ?

Or ? Edited to say, As of this post, I see the U S Mint schedule states in the FALL of 2022 a Proof MORGAN and Proof Peace dollar will be sold, adding another date to both collections. 2021 was an ADVENTURE in Coin Collecting......
Edited by morgans dad
12/01/2021 7:30 pm
Learn More...
United States
108363 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We would like to keep the 2022 Dollar Discussion in one place...

http://goccf.com/t/414734

morgans dad, I moved your update reply to that topic since it is relevant.
Page: of 12
Previous TopicReplies: 176 / Views: 5,863Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: