Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Morgans Defects/Damage Found

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,681Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The advertised finish, Uncirculated. The Luster the same as the Original MORGANS, No Way. Do they look good, NO, They IMO Look Great, with coin in hand !!!. Not like the poor photo's seen on this site, Happily !!!! Not as much details as I expected, Poorly set up Phone-Ordering and Website Failures, Very Rushed products,Poor turn-over time, 60 days!! Cheaper Packaging, Problems related to mail, led to poor Quality,H as I see from damaged and Poorly packaged products.Overall, I am Very Pleased with the releases so far......

These coins exhibit a " look " all their own, Clean UNC finish along with A Beautiful Struck Design, tHEN THERE IS The Peace dollar , Very Sweet Struck Coins! Those who were and are going to be fortunate enough to get Expected problem-free coins, Enjoy !!! To those who received damaged 100th Anniversary coins, Not as Expected, I am Sorry Too.
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaberwoke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, another disappointment. Got my 3 Peace today and like the D's I received, one is not quite what I expected. Other two are fine.

Here's what I got:

Pillar of the Community
United States
2715 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks struck through sand/grit to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You wonder how coins that bad make it out of the mint. Here is one I recently received out of the Limited Edition Silver Proof Set. All of the other coins in the set are in perfect condition.

Obverse - brown spots, Z scratch on Cheek.

Reverse - brown spots, cracked capsule, with what looks like a chunk of another capsule within the cracked capsule?

Pillar of the Community
United States
5072 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine are expected to arrive Tuesday, I was filled with excitement but now after reading and seeing some of the "troubled" coins I don't know how to feel....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The debris in the capsule is what cracked the capsule.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1128 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Summary of my morgans (only 3 of 9 "perfect"):
1P: small "bag mark" on cheek
2D: one has small scuff by date & small spot, one has small divot in field, small divot by eye and a tiny, tiny hairline scratch by eye
2S: one has a sort of clouding on cheek, one has divot by date
2O: both are "perfect" coins
2CC: one is perfect, one has a tiny scratch and some tiny black spotting on cheek
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HumblePie, Machine20, I am Sorry. While it will not Change Anything, , I understand the Frustration and Anxiety You are experiencing, ....... Contacting the powers to be @ the MINT, Expressing Your Receiving DAMAGED COINS... ALL Whom have Received the Damaged coins Should Scream out to THEM.!!!!! Should Help....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1128 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the divots are plancet defects? Seem to be quite common on these..
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From seeing the Challenged Coins here from the 100th Anniversary Releases brings lots of speculation as to What Exactly is the root cause of the SEEN coins, IMO Filthy Dies between cleanings, Sub Par Planchets, Sand and or Grit, Struck Throughs , Poor and Shoddy labor with packaging, overall Simply Mishandled Products............ We Deserve as Perfect as Possible Products, Not to mention, We Pay $ Dearly for the Privilege to Receive them...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1128 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This Coin World article states " NGC reports grading and encapsulating 565 of the 2021-D Morgan dollars, with all but one example grading Mint State 70 and a lone example graded MS-69. NGC also posted 555 examples of the 2021 Morgan dollar with O privy mark, with 554 MS-70 coins and one MS-69 coin."

So that begs the question, does NGC not look at the coins anymore or did the mint send all the good coins out first to the authorized dealers?

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...ndary-market

https://www.NGCcoin.com/census/unit...s/49/?des=ms
Valued Member
United States
329 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those who got damaged coins aren't sending them in for grading but returning them for refund?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1128 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There also is a "minimum grade" option, and I suppose people just choose 70 for that
Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol I was wondering the samething if the mint have a partnership with some of the dealer and NGC because that Mike guy on tv said he had about 300 set of (70) I didn't here anything on the (69).
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scott7721 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of mine looked perfect except for the S, which looked dingy and had a giant thumbprint on Liberty's cheek. Or so I thought. I wiped the plastic holder and the thumb print and cloudiness vanished, there was just something oily on the plastic.

Several coins were not seated in the holder, as others have said.
Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,681Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: