Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Half Dime Collectors Here?

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 80 / Views: 4,147Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck, Wan & Germanicvs! This has been a fun project to work on. I decided to try completing the entire Dansco album minus the 1802. I'm down to 5 Federal era coins and 3 seated. Here is my latest arrival - tougher than the price guides would suggest.

Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is my latest arrival - tougher than the price guides would suggest.
Lovely example with a light circulation cameo.
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Check CarrsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CarrsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i love how absurdly large the date is on that one. like they were using the half dollar punches or something.
I collect low grade large cents. I currently have >230 Sheldon varieties and >235 middle date Newcomb varieties.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This weekends arrival.

Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2022  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I've hit a standstill and still need only 3 coins to complete my Seated half dime set. I've liked this project enough that I decided to obtain as much as possible of a Dansco album Seated dime set. I'm about 40 coins into the 121 coin set already.

ElmerFlick
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2022  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For your dime project, I recommend Brian Greer. He wrote the book.

As my quote below suggests, dimes aren't my favorite. But early San Francisco coinage is, and this prompted me to get an 1858-S dime. That's the extent of my dime collection.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2022  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was able to pluck a raw 1860-S fine+/- dime off of Brian's website yesterday. ElmerFlick
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2023  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crossed a big one off of my wantlist today. Now down to 2..

Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2023  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Crossed a big one off of my wantlist today. Now down to 2..
Fantastic!
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2023  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFlick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another type acquired. 1795. What kind of bird is on the reverse? Not a good rendering of an Eagle in my opinion.
ElmerFlick

Edited by ElmerFlick
01/14/2023 8:57 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74966 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2023  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Young country at the time, so young eagle.
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2023  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Check CarrsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CarrsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not a good rendering of an Eagle in my opinion.

the scrawny chicken is my favorite bald eagle representation. its so majestic. you can see why they were debating between it and the turkey for the national bird.
I collect low grade large cents. I currently have >230 Sheldon varieties and >235 middle date Newcomb varieties.
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
9183 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2023  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice 1795 - I can't decide if it's a VG10 or a F12. Either way it's a beauty with no damage just old honest wear. I'm leaning more towards the VG8/10 range as the obverse is pretty weak in strike around the stars and rim, but overall a really cool half dime. Elmer you've crushed this set in a relatively short time.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), Civil War Token Society (CWTS), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member in good standing, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Page: of 6
Previous TopicReplies: 80 / Views: 4,147Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: