Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 1,966 / Views: 132,262Next Topic
Page: of 132
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1949 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Walk, Glad you like them. Will admit I don't that much about bank notes and apart from NZ and Australia have pretty much no knowledge of them at all. I have no idea what the P things are, in NZ we use a local catalogue which just describes them. The notes except the Wilson are all security threads.

Threads were introduced in 1957 for the 5 and 1959 for the 1 and 10/-. The 2 highest notes, 10 and 50 are both very scarce and the latter extremely rare costing thousands. In 1960 the average weekly pay was about 15 - so this was a huge sum of money and most people were paid in singles and halves as even 5 was a colossal sum of money for most people then.

The seller was more than happy with my offer and I will probably keep the Kiwi and Australian dollar and sell the rest. I know with my 10 british pounds I bought in September, I must be developing a reputation as a low baller for banknotes - well I pay what I think things are worth (If I sell, I want to make some money on them) and the dealers don't complain. I paid $60 for all of these notes. The seller was very happy.

Not shown was a battered 10 bob of England and a few 100 to 1000 Rupiah Indonesian notes from the late 70s (Worthless).
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
12/28/2020 7:07 pm
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My latest collection buy had some nice stuff.
Great acquisitions!

Quote:
Occupation note from Malaya
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1949 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find those Japanese occupation notes so interesting, they printed them for all the countries and denominations - Dollars (Singapore/Malaya and later US if they conquered it), Pounds and Shillings (Australia, Fiji, Solomons, New Guinea, Nauru), Guilders - Indonesia, Pesos - Phillipines and Yuan and Yen (China, Korea etc), Piastres - French Indochina.

To see a $1000 in that shape is amazing (I have a $1 and a $10). What I find interesting was they were expecting an entire banknote economy with notes going down to 1 cent that were truly teensy.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I find those Japanese occupation notes so interesting, they printed them for all the countries and denominations - Dollars (Singapore/Malaya and later US if they conquered it), Pounds and Shillings (Australia, Fiji, Solomons, New Guinea, Nauru), Guilders - Indonesia, Pesos - Phillipines and Yuan and Yen (China, Korea etc), Piastres - French Indochina.

So do I. They're a fascinating bit of history. If anyone is interested in picking one of these up, I bought mine from an eBay seller, Yuri111. It looks like there's still some available as of this writing.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1158 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a couple "el-cheapos" I picked up from one of those bulk sellers on eBay:
P-43 1 Sheqel from Israel (1980):

and this P-400 2002 $10 from Hong Kong when originally issued as paper:

Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a couple "el-cheapos" I picked up from one of those bulk sellers on eBay:
Nice pair!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1158 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
- Thanks "jbuck"

Here's P-11b, a One Pound note from the little island of Jersey (1983-1988):

(I like the dramatic "Battle of Jersey" scene on the back)
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like the dramatic "Battle of Jersey" scene on the back
It is well done. Nice add!
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wizened to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
French Noumea 20 francs, 1929 I believe

I got this entirely for aesthetic reasons. The seller had another type of note from Noumea, same time period I think, that had been repriced by use of a special red ink stamp. Something like 50 francs to 100 francs, or maybe the reverse. Rather expensive ($100?) so I passed on it, but maybe I should have got it. It was rather interesting.
Valued Member
Germany
67 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Caietan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

A very appealing banknote! Congrats!
Its a New Caledonia P-37a "Administrateur & Directeur"
1929 is correct.

The other one you saw is probably P-39, 100 Francs on 20 Piastres.
http://www.banknote.ws/COLLECTION/c.../NCD0039.htm
Edited by Caietan
01/13/2021 11:55 am
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1158 Posts
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
P-99 Netherlands 10 Gulden (from their last 1989-1997 Series):
Nice example!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1158 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   3:55 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice example!

-Thanks "jbuck"
& I must say that was an awfully FAST reply/compliment (like only 1 minute after my post!)
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
Page: of 132
Replies: 1,966 / Views: 132,262Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05