Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

History Of Quebec City Engraved On Two-Dollar Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2008  4:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Royal Canadian Mint is pleased to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the founding of Quebec City by issuing a commemorative two-dollar coin.

Quote:
"I invite all Canadians to look for this commemorative coin in their change," said Ian E. Bennett, the Mint's President and CEO. "Six million of these coins will be put into circulation to be exchanged daily not only by Quebecers, but by Canadians throughout the country. This coin is a striking way to pay tribute to Quebec City's Heritage, and to its significance in Canadian history. The Royal Canadian Mint is pleased to join Quebec City's citizens and admirers in celebrating the 400th anniversary of this famous city."

This coin was officially unveiled to the public at the IIHF World Hockey Championship's "Fanfest" on May 7th, before the start of the game headlining France and Belarus. Notably present at its unveiling were Mint spokesperson V�ronique Cloutier, Marguerite Nadeau, Royal Canadian Mint Vice-President, General Counsel and Secretary, Jean Leclerc, Chairman of the Quebec 400th Anniversary Corporation, as well as other public figures.

Quote:
"There are few North American cities that can celebrate a past such as that of Qu�bec City. It is from the year 1608 that we truly started to become what we are today. Because the founding of Qu�bec City also marks the founding of Canada," said the Honourable Jos�e Verner, Minister of Canadian Heritage, Status of Women and Official Languages.

Read Full Story
All Recent News
Valued Member
Canada
304 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2008  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add malibu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a toonie Qc 400th in circulation today in pretty good shape.
Actually RBC gave it to me. Its the first I've seen in circ.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1931 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2008  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add malissadawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen one in circulation yet, but I am waiting. Maybe on payday I will head to royal bank and bank of montreal and get a few rolls.
Pillar of the Community
United States
819 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2008  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElleKitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A beautiful coin. Thanks so much to the gentleman who thought to send it to me
Valued Member
Netherlands
376 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2008  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add valutarick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ville de Quebec... I wonder if there is also a version with City of Quebec existing. Yesterday I bought this coin at a collectorsfair in the Netherlands for 4 euro.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1331 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2008  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eric,
Because the English would know it as Quebec City the answer to your question is no. "Ville de Quebec" is French..."Quebec City" is English.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1082 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2008  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, the legend at the top is (Ville de) QUEBEC (City), so both are satisfied.

I think it looks cluttered, actually with the mixture of big and small print. It would have looked better, I think, if the top legend had all been the same size -- they easily had the space to do it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05