Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Broadstrike 2001 10 Cents

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 5,731Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2006  08:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Success in this auction today....

Have a Look
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2006  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice error!! Good for you, Lim!
Pillar Of The Community
3147 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2006  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crystalk64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now all you have to do if find ME a ROOZILLA and we will both be tickled pink!!!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2006  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by crystalk64

Now all you have to do if find ME a ROOZILLA and we will both be tickled pink!!!

I am following a few leads from members of the Aussie Forum, there is now talk of a "Bladezilla" ....
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2006  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KLD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wasn't bladezilla a made up word?

Nice error though, is it just me or are they getting more expensive.

A side question, is my penny a error?
I didn't really want to advertise it so I waited untill it was about to end and it saves me uploading to photobucket.

I am not an expert on errors but I am starting to think this might not be an error. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2006  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KLD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
forgot the link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...MESE:IT&rd=1

It sold for a very low price?
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2006  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My initial feeling when I looked at it was that it was post-mint damage, but I'm not an error expert by any stretch of the imagination. It looks to me like it may have been bent in a vise and bent back. I'm curious what others think.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2006  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KLD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me to Susan.

I originally thought it was an error, but after listing it I diod some more research and now I am not sure.
Pillar Of The Community
3147 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2006  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crystalk64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be more than afraid of that coin and by the looks of the auction bidding so were the error collectors in Australia? That type of "error" would take a tremendous amount of explaining before I could buy in to it!
Edited by crystalk64
01/15/2006 12:18 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2006  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KLD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fair comment, I am sort of glad it went for such a low price then.
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2006  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't feel too bad. I've made similar mistakes myself. You may want to contact the buyer and let him know that, after some consideration, you are unsure about whether this is an error or post-mint damage and give the buyer a chance to withdraw from the transaction. Just a suggestion to keep your good reputation on eBay. I'd hate to see you get a neg out of this for an honest mistake.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2006  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KLD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice. I have already done this.

There is still a small chance this could be an error, either way not really worth it.
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2006  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have a coin dealer near you that you could ask for an opinion? I'd be curious to know for sure. It doesn't have to do with the value; I would just like to know how this would have happened.
Pillar Of The Community
3147 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2006  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crystalk64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to hear what you find out! If that is a true error out of the mint I would really like to hear the explanation. I guess anything is possible when humans are involved. Shoot, we just had some man with more money than brains give over $25,000 for a banana sticker on a note!!!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2006  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KLD

Thanks for the advice. I have already done this.

There is still a small chance this could be an error, either way not really worth it.

Lars...the top four error collectors that I know off are S_S, bluesphil,compassnorth and Ian Hartshorn....they are all members of the Aussie Forum. Perhaps you should seek their opinions...
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2006  05:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KLD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To Lim and others,

I have done my own research on this one as I was interested in the findings. Thanks to the May CAB magazine I found most of my information.

My coin does not seem to be a error so therefore it must be a after mint damaged coin (I think thats what it is referred to).

I must say I still find it some what interesting.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 5,731Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05