Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

World Coins as Cereal Box Prizes  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
499 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2010  3:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wheatiefan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just thought I would share these coins from my collection. I was wondering if anyone else has these or remembers them. They were given out in cereal boxes, probably in the mid-80s. The cartoon bear is 'Sugar Bear', the mascot for the cereal now called Golden Crisp but previously called Sugar Crisp. The holders are inconveniently larger than a 2x2, so don't fit an album. Overall, so far as cereal box prizes go, they're keepers.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1082 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2010  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting.

They didn't have these in Canada, but I remember in the early '70s, Muffets was giving out foreign currency; Post did it too in the early '90s. About 1972 or so, Canadian Gulf stations came out with a set of foreign coins; they had a folder for them and you got one free coin with every visit; naturally, you had to buy a certain amount of gas to get them.
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2010  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kuhli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget McDonalds gave out a few South & Central American coins with their "fiesta nuggets" when they were first introduced.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1082 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2010  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Fiesta nuggets?"

Never had 'em up here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2010  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xshift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few of these The packaging was ripped on a couple others, so I did have to free those.. now I keep the remaining ones in one of those pages that you can archive entire pages in, rather than the 2x2 pages. Good marketing ploy - "hey, if we give away free money, more people will buy our cereal! Doesn't matter what country!" However.. I bet at least a few little ones got bit by the coin bug by seeing these, which is very cool.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05