Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1962 "Double Nosed" Penny

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 6,727Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2006  07:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Finally, my quest for one of these scarce pennys in a UNC grade is over. It will now take the place of the gVF one in my collection.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2006  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigfella to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good one Lim
Valued Member
119 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2006  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thesandpit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mr Lim,

Please show us all a picture.

This would be interesting to all as these coins exhibit hub tripling.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2006  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Peter...

The only scan I have reproduced below is the photo from the seller of this coin. Will post further pictures (if required) when the coin is in my hands.

Hub tripling Please explain

Forum Kid
Kuwait
1523 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2006  06:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thekidcollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!!
Look "cool"
Very Interesting, "double Nosed"

TKC!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1262 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2006  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add humpybong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Looks like she has caught a cold....doubled the size of her nose.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1148 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2006  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ya! its cool! what does this coin trend at? What did you buy for? (if you dont mind my asking) And what do you plan to do with your other one?

andrew
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2006  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by pattiewhack

ya! its cool! what does this coin trend at? What did you buy for? (if you dont mind my asking) And what do you plan to do with your other one?

andrew

Hard to put a monetary value to it as it is not often you see one for sale especially in the higher grades. Using eBay as a guide to guage it's market value, there is only one listed at present with a BIN of AUD$150.00, however it is in the gEF grade.

The other one will stay in my collection.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1148 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2006  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey! I saw some more sellin on Ebay! currently $33 and $40!
unfortunately, the seller Geoffr270, does not ship outside of Australia

*sigh*
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1262 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2006  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add humpybong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by pattiewhack

hey! I saw some more sellin on Ebay! currently $33 and $40!
unfortunately, the seller Geoffr270, does not ship outside of Australia

*sigh*

pattiewhack, if you are interested in one, bid on it and have it delvered to my address in Brisbane. I will the send it to you overseas.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1148 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2006  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok thx,
ill keep you posted on price
andrew
Valued Member
119 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2006  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thesandpit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hub tripling

It requires three strikes by the transfer punch to create the penny dies. In the case of the 1962 double nose penny all three strikes are misaligned. Jon Saxton has a webpage on these coins.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1148 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2006  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok thx for the link thesandpit,
It has lots of info...
AND! the ebay coins still are the same price!
andrew
Valued Member
Australia
301 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2006  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin there, Lim.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1148 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2006  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey gnome! welcome to the cc forum!
Valued Member
Australia
301 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2006  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much, am still feeling my way around here.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 6,727Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05